Breast Augmentation 3 Days Left. What Size to Get? (photo)

I am a 20 years old women with no children planning a breast augmentation surgery Based on the excellent results all of you show us its obvious the experience and professionalism that you have. I know its difficult and almost impossible for you to predict the size i am going to be or even what is the perfect implant for my body without a real consult, but i will try to share some pictures and adding that i am 5"7 (height) 143 (weight).Would 500cc HP saline give me more or less this look? Thank u

Choosing implant size

+1
Have you tried on sizers? This can help you get a better idea of how you may look with certain implants.

I generally help patients choose implant size by taking into consideration their original body contour measurements (including height, weight, breast width, breast height and the distance that exists between the nipple and breast fold) alongside desired cup size. This helps achieve a proportional body enhancement that meets the patient's needs without resulting in an unnatural appearance. Patients often report less pre-surgery hesitation as well, since the technique helps with selecting the right implant size and style to achieve the most natural and pleasing result. Talk to your surgeon to find out what they recommend.

WHAT SIZE IMPLANT?

+1
You want to avoid using implants that are too large for your frame so I recommend using your breast base width to determine the implants that are proportionate to your body.  Once the range of implant sizes is determined, I have my patients try on the different implants.  Trying on the different implants helps the patient and I visualize the look she desires and reduces the chances of miscommunication between the patient and myself.  Since cup sizes vary from bra to bra and a 500 cc implant in one patient does not always produce the same result in another, clear communication is important.  Having a photo of what look are trying to achieve is a good starting point.  In reviewing your photos, the look you desire seems to be obtainable but I cannot say for sure without a physical exam.  You should continue researching for a board certified plastic surgeon and RealSelf is an excellent tool.  Once you pick the surgeon for you, schedule a consultation for a thorough exam to determine if you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation with realistic expectations.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Determining Breast Implant Size

+1
There is no rule of thumb when it comes to choosing breast augmentation sizes. It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Selecting implant size requires knowing how wide your breasts are

+1

A 500cc implant may be the right size for you but you cannot know unless the base width of your breast is measured.  If you have a narrow breast then likely a higher profile implant will give you the look you are seeking.  I moderate profile 500cc implant could be too wide for your breast.  Also you have to consider that in the photo it appears that your right breast is smaller and the fold is higher than on the left.  There are many things to consider, and you should discuss all this with your plastic surgeon.  

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the posted photos but you have a real issue as to size that over the internet is the wrong forum to be discussing this. let alone asking for our size choices. Best to seek additional IN PERSON opinions. 

500 cc implants

+1

Judging by your pictures alone, without examining you, a 500cc breast implant is very likely too big for your tissues.  While that implant might look OK to you under your shirt, that size of an implant will likely stretch your breast skin out quite significantly, causing significant thinning of your breast tissues which will greatly increase the chance of rippling.  The width of  that implant, even if it is high profile, will also increase your chance of getting a "double bubble" or "double crease".  Secondary correction of these problems is difficult and expensive.  I would seriously consider a smaller implant

Jonathan C. Weinrach, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

500 cc implants?

+1

I think that the choice of implant should have been discussed in the office and that a baggy test may be helpful.

Tuff question

+1

A 500 cc implant will increase you cup size by at least 2 cup sizes. The placement of the implant above or below the muscle may also influence your look.

There are also different styles and profiles of implants. If you like the appearance of a 500 cc implant in your bra over your native breast then you may want a larger implant to be placed it has been my experience that the implants look slightly smaller when they are placed in the patient.

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon