Breast Augmentation 3 Days Left. What Size to Get? (photo)

I am a 20 years old women with no children planning a breast augmentation surgery Based on the excellent results all of you show us its obvious the experience and professionalism that you have. I know its difficult and almost impossible for you to predict the size i am going to be or even what is the perfect implant for my body without a real consult, but i will try to share some pictures and adding that i am 5"7 (height) 143 (weight).Would 500cc HP saline give me more or less this look? Thank u

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Size of Breast Implants

In terms of what size implants to get, the final decision is completely up to you (within reasonable range). If it is important to you that your new breasts do not look over-done, I would suggest opting in for a size that fits in with your body frame- which, according to your description, is relatively petite. Most doctors provide their patients with sizers that they can literally try on to get a proper feel of how the enlarged breasts will look. In general, I would avoid getting a size that is too over the top so as to create a look that is as natural as possible.

Jonathan Hall, MD

Breast Implant Sizes

First, determine the kind of look you are trying to achieve. If your goal is a natural look, there is a small range of shapes and sizes that will be ideal for you. View many, many before and after images to find a plastic surgeon with extensive experience who also shares your aesthetic vision.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Try sizers

To find out what size is right for you, you should try on sizers. I provide patients with a properly sized bra and t-shirt, as well as multiple saline filled implants of different sizes. By trying on various sizes it is easy for you to zero in on the size that you like best and that looks best for you. Our patients agree that it is far superior to computer imaging of the breast and feel that it is a terrific help in their decision to have Breast Augmentation surgery.

Thank you for your question. There are many factors to consider when choosing a breast implant to achieve your aesthetic goals. The decision should really be made in close consultation with your plastic surgeon after a detailed discussion, examination and implant trial. I do not feel that I could provide you with the ideal implant choice due to the limited information on your history. Best of luck!
Dr Guy Watts

Choosing implant size

Have you tried on sizers? This can help you get a better idea of how you may look with certain implants.

I use a technique known as Dimensional Breast Augmentation. This involves taking a variety of measurements of your pre-surgery body, such as your height, breast width, weight, etc. Then, we discuss your goals and with this information, a suitable implant size is selected. Find out if your surgeon does this for you.

You want to avoid using implants that are too large for your frame so I recommend using your breast base width to determine the implants that are proportionate to your body.  Once the range of implant sizes is determined, I have my patients try on the different implants.  Trying on the different implants helps the patient and I visualize the look she desires and reduces the chances of miscommunication between the patient and myself.  Since cup sizes vary from bra to bra and a 500 cc implant in one patient does not always produce the same result in another, clear communication is important.  Having a photo of what look are trying to achieve is a good starting point.  In reviewing your photos, the look you desire seems to be obtainable but I cannot say for sure without a physical exam.  You should continue researching for a board certified plastic surgeon and RealSelf is an excellent tool.  Once you pick the surgeon for you, schedule a consultation for a thorough exam to determine if you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation with realistic expectations.

Be well and good luck!

Determining Breast Implant Size

There is no rule of thumb when it comes to choosing breast augmentation sizes. It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Choosing implants

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Selecting implant size requires knowing how wide your breasts are

A 500cc implant may be the right size for you but you cannot know unless the base width of your breast is measured.  If you have a narrow breast then likely a higher profile implant will give you the look you are seeking.  I moderate profile 500cc implant could be too wide for your breast.  Also you have to consider that in the photo it appears that your right breast is smaller and the fold is higher than on the left.  There are many things to consider, and you should discuss all this with your plastic surgeon.  

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon