Breast Augmentation After Having Cysts and Scar Tissue Removed?

I just had Breast surgery and had some cysts removed and it caused an indention and (SOFT) spot. I want that fixed and I would like to go from my A/B to a D, I am not worried about people noticing as thats why they make bulky sweatshirts, but its for myself and for my husband.

Is Breast augmentation still an OPTION for me now that I had the cysts/scar tissue removed. What should I be aware of in Michigan?

Breast augmentation is safe

+3

As long as you continue to have routine screening mammography, and acknowledge that the presence of a sub-muscular breast implant limits the amount of breast tissue that can be surveyed on mammography somewhat, then I don't see a reason why you should not proceed with augmentation.

Things to consider:

If your prior breast surgery has resulted in some regions of volume deficiency, then this might affect the symmetry of your breast augmentation.

It is possible to have your own fat grafted into regions of breast tissue deficiency, and this technique can be coupled with a breast augmentation.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who is an ASPS member to evaluate your situation.

Breast augmentation after biopsies

+1
There is no reason why you cannot undergo augmentation. If your previous procedures have created an asymmetry between the breasts, this can be addressed in implant selection. If the surgeries have left irregularities, augmentation may make them more visible.

Breast augmentation in women with previous breast biopsy or fibrocystic breast disease

+1

You should obtain a baseline mammogram and notify your general surgeon but breast implants are commonly utilized in women with fibrocystic breasts.

Web reference: http://www.realself.com/article/breast-implant-visibility-golf-volley-balls-silk-sheets-comforters

Breast augmentation safe after cyst removal.

+1

Hi.

There is no reason why you cannot have breast implants safely after the kind of surgery that you describe. But the breast implants probably will not correct the indentation. For that, you need fat transfer.

Breast augmentation is after cyst removal

+1

Hi,

There is no reason why you can't have a breast augmentation after having benign cysts removed. You want to keep in mind that sometimes irregularities, such as the indentation from having your cysts removed, could become more apparent after the augmentation as it tends to make these more noticeable. In that case, there are a few options such as having a fat transfer into that area. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and do your research.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Breast Augmentation after removal of Breast Cysts

+1

Hi there-

There is no reason that having benign breast cysts removed should preclude you from pursuing breast augmentation.

Find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and visit for a consultation.

Need help finding one you like and can trust? Read this:

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2009/11/choosing-plastic-surgeon-part-2.html#f550

Breast implants after cyst removal

+1

The use of Breast implants can help you make your breasts larger and perhaps even fill out some of the scar and cyst removal sites. There does not appear to be any contraindications in your case.

Make sure you see at least one board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in Breast augmentation. Do your homework!

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation following cyst excision

+1

Yes, you can still have a Breast augmentation following your cyst excision. If you have a small indentation, however, this may be more noticeable following the augmentation, as a larger breast can make irregular areas more obvious after surgery.

In some cases, your surgeon can place a small amount of fat into an indented area, but this is very dependent upon the surgeon and your anatomy. Good luck.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.