Breast augmentation A cup to C or D? (Photo)

I'm 5'7", 130 lbs and just turned 30. I'm an A cup looking into silicone implants that would be more low profile. (Not the top rounded, fake look). Hoping to achieve a C or D cup. Im approx. 12" across the chest, above and below my breast, and 5" across my breasts. I've seen before and after photos of women who look proportionate to me, going from an A cup to C/D, and sometimes the C cup looks more like a D and vice-versa. A lot of variations in cc's as well. Any advice would be helpful

Sizing options

+2
One of the considerations in choosing size and profile is to use an implant not wider that the patient's own breast. To get you to a C or D with low profile implants would most certainly require an implant that is too wide 

Add to this the fact that there are no uniform guidelines that define cup size, I think your answers will only come in the setting of an in person consultation. I find that trying on implants is more useful that tossing around cup sizes. When you find a size that looks good to you, your surgeon will use that info to suggest the implants that can best approach your goals.

Thanks for your question.  All the best. 

Breast augmentation A cup to C or D?

+2
Thank you for your question and photos. You would get a nice improvement with a moderate profile about 240-300cc size implant. A word of caution based on your two photos; you do have a prominent breast bone and your breasts are located laterally on your rib cage. With an augmentation, you can expect that you will not have a close cleavage and your nipple/areolar complexes will point more lateral than right now. You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size for changes in breast size

+1
breast implant size for changes in breast size
please see all of my previous posts on this topic

we need to now the size of your bra strap... a 32 c is much smaller in volume than a 36 c
there is also a variation in c cups from bra to bra

consider  natural shaped implant such as Sientra. 
you'll have a great result.

Breast augmentation A cup to C or D?

+1
Best advise is seek a few in person consultations from boarded PSs in your city/state. Try on "sizers" so you get an idea of volume needed... 

Breast augmentation from A cup to C cup

+1
Your starting from a very nice point, as you have very natural normal looking breasts without ptosis or sagging.

From your description as others have said a moderate profile silicone gel implant or a moderate profile plus breast implant should give you a natural shape.  Sub-muscular augmentation has many advantages and should be strongly considered.

Cup size is an unreliable measurement as different retailers label the same bra different cup sizes.

What is most important is that you have measurements taken by your plastic surgeon and also undergo a breast implant sizing system.  During the sizing system breast implants of various sizes can be placed into a sports bra to give you a rough idea of how you will look after surgery.

That said based on your photograph breast implants in the 300-350 cc range should give you a nice full breast which would fill most retailers C cup and some retailers D cup bra us.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation NW style

+1
I use moderate profile gel implants in about 70% of my patients. Basing it on the proper measurement of your chest width (in your case, if only breast width is measured they will be too narrow and leave a gap in the middle!), the moderate classic Mentor gel would look great. Can't predict a cup size, but can predict a very nice result from your starting point.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast augmentation A cup to C or D?

+1
Unfortunately it is not possible to recommend implant sizes without an exam, but We can give you some thoughts. First of all, the finished look of the surgery is due to the combination of breast tissue and implant. The more breast tissue you have the less round you will look after the procedure. You have very little breast tissue and so will look more like an implant because the significant majority of the final volume will be from the implant. Secondly I doubt you can get anywhere near a full C or a D with low profile implants. Look into the medium profile ones. the high profile will definitely look fake. And most slender patients prefer the silicone for the more natural feel.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

A to C or D cup

+1
I think in order to determine what appropriate implants would be for you, you would need to get properly evaluated in person.  

Natural

+1
I think you would be a good candidate for a 290cc anatomic implant under the muscle, I think this will give you a natural and subtle look you are looking for

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC