Breast Augmentation CC's to go From A to D Cup?

I have a question, how many ccs and high profile or what profile of implants would make my body look proportionate considering I am 5'3 and a half, weight 122 pounds, and have pretty wide hips. I want a look that looks full around d, I am currently a 34A. I also wonder if lower placed implants or high placed implants would look better considering my rib cage. I will post a photo. Thanks!

Implant size to go from A to D

+2

Typically it takes 400cc or more to increase bra cup size from an A-cup to a D-cup.  It also depends on the circumference of the chest and the fit of your bras. 

How Many cc's for a D Cup

+2

Choosing the number of cc's should be up to the surgeon. He's the expert. You make sure you let him know what look you want and he will find the correct implant to get that look.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Implant Size

+2

Every patient is different and the a certain size implant may make one cup different in a larger patient and a three cup difference in a smaller patient.  The best option is to go in for a consultation and discuss your goals and expectations with a board certified plastic surgeon.  In our office, we also use the VECTRA XT 3D breast simulator to help you choose your implant size.  With this technology, we take a 3D picture of your body and can show you what different size implants look like as a simulation to surgery.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

How many cc'c are needed to go from a 34 to a D cup?

+2

There are several factors involved in determining how large an implant, and style of implants to be used. These include the pre-op status of the breasts in terms of size, shape, chest width, quality of skin, and experience and artistry of patient. An experienced Board Certified plastic surgeon will be able to help you with the proper implant selection.Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Implant size to go from A to D

+2
The cup size can not be promised since all bras are different ( I.e. a "D" cup in Victoria Secret may be a "C" cup in Playtex). The shape or style of the implant that is best for you will depend on your breast and chest dimensions and the size or volume implant you desire. Loose rule of thumb, 200 cc is about a cup size in volume. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what option is best for you.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

+2

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used.

Prior to proceeding with breast augmentation surgery it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”. 

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant choice

+1

An exam in person is essential. I alwasy take  into account a patient's body habitus. The patient anatomy is very important. This matched with their desires enables me to select an appropriate implant.  Wider implants may help with the patient with a full lower body.

Implant Size and Bras

+1

I wish it could be that easy!  Even if you posted a photo, it would still be impossible to predict. One problem is the extreme variability in bra sizing, between different companies and between different style of bras within any given company.  The other more significant problem is there is no way to predict how your tissues will react (stretch or compress) to a given implant size or profile, thereby affecting your final appearance/size.

The best way to size you is for you to bring into your consultation pictures of models/celebs who's appearance you like, and some you don't.  This will give the surgeon a good idea about your goals.

Just a quick note about your goals.  There is certainly an implant available to make you the size you want, and there are many surgeons who are willing to use that implant and operate on you.  The problem is you are probably putting yourself at higher than necessary risk for complications after your surgery by sticking to your aesthetic goals.  As you said, you are an A cup and you want to be a D. More than likely it will be a large and projecting implant, one that will have significant adverse affects on your body and increase your risk for complications.  There is a quick and simple system that can determine the proper sized implant based on your anatomy, and it is likely that the implant determined by this system will not make you a D.  It's up to you, and your options are either choose the safe size and minimize your risk, choose the size you and your doctor are certain will get you to your goals, or compromise somewhere in between.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS