Will Weight Loss Affect my Augmented Breasts?

I weigh 125lbs and I'm 5'5'. If I loose 5-10 lbs will it affect the size of my augmented breasts?

Probably not much effect on augmented breasts

+2

LeeM: The best indicator is to remember how much your breasts changed with weight loss or gain before you had augmentation surgery. If they didn't change much before, they won't likely change much afterwards.

The next factor to remember is that the implant volume itself will not change, and it makes up a large proportion of you current breast. Even if there is a little less fat, most of your breast will be the same.

Finally, I do advise that if you lose weight through your shoulders and upper chest, you may notice a little settling of your breasts. The tissues may relax a little. Hope this is helpful.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Weight change and breast agumentation

+1

With a 5 to 10 pound weight loss, I would not think that this weight change would make a big difference in the overall shape of the breast after implants.

Small weight change will not affect breast augmentation.

+1

HI.

Every woman's breasts have different proportion of fat in them. The more fatty your breast are, the more they will change with weght loss.  But in general a few pounds will not alter your breast implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Everyone's body responds differently to weight loss

+1

Everyone's body responds differently to weight loss. Additionally, the ratio of breast tissue to implant would affect any noticeable difference with weight loss. Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

A lot depends on the tissue composition of your breasts

+1

Hi there,

Some women's breasts are composed of almost exclusively glandular tissue, with a very small fatty tissue component, and these women have very minor change in their breast size with weight change.

Other women's breasts are largely fatty tissue, with only a small glandular component. These women experience a large change in the size of their breasts with weight changes.

Further, the change in your breasts with the weight change you are describing would also depend on how much of your current breast size is produced by implant, and how much is due to your breast tissue. If your breasts are mostly implant, and you really have a very small amount of breast tissue, I would not expect the breasts to change much at all, even with a larger amount of weight loss.

Conversely, if your natural breast tissue comprises a larger proportion of your overall breast size currently, then I would think you are more likely to lose a bit of volume with weight loss.

In any case, a 5-10 kg weight loss should not cause a dramatic change, but rather I would expect the proportion you now enjoy between your breasts and your body to be largely maintained after your weight loss.

I hope that helps you.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Maybe...

+1

Weight loss will often make breasts shrink but not always. So, if your breasts are weight sensitive, you will see changes. The less weight you lose, the more subtle the changes.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Possibly but probably not...

+1

Only you know how your body responds to weight loss. You are talking about less than a 10% weight loss and I suspect little of this will come from the breast if you are small to begin with. However, ideally, since breast augmentation is also a body contouring procedure, it is best for your weight and lifestyle habits to be as healthy and stable as possible prior to augmentation.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Minimal weight loss may not affect augmented breasts

+1

Weight loss may have an effect on the outcome of all cosmetic procedures. However if you are planning on losing only 5 to 10 lbs, you should be ok.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Will have some effect

+1

The effects of weight loss can result in a smaller breast, although not significantly. You can also see more rippling as your tissue coverage thins with the weight loss. If your skin loosens as a result, then you may notice sagging as well. If you lose more toward the 5lbs, then not much will likely happen. If you lose 10 or more, then you may notice some of the above effects.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD