Uneven Results from Breast Implants

I am a week out of breast augmentation. I received 250cc saline smooth implants under the muscle. And ever since day two, I’ve noticed the left breast implant showing on the side and sticking out the bottom. Making it hang lower, yet the nipples are symmetrical.

Is this a problem or is this normal while it heals? My right breast has looked normal (minus minor swelling) from the beginning. Which is why I am more alarmed with the left breast. I feel that depending on the angle and light hitting my breasts, you can see the implant sticking out more on the left side & underneath. It feels squishy too. Do they appear to be too far apart?

Discuss your conscerns with your plastic surgeon

+3

I would continue to see your plastic surgeon in follow up and discuss your concerns with him. Examine your pre-operative photographs with him/her. You are very early in the healing phase and have a long way to go.

Optimal results following breast augmentation are not seen until 3-4 months postoperatively. Be patient! I wish you the very best and I hope this helps!

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

The breast implant is too low

+3

It appears that the implant is too low and is causing a double bubble deformity. Take off the upper pole band and begin wearing a supportive bra 24/7. You may be able to get the implant to heal in the proper position. If not, you may need surgery to close the lower portion of the implant pocket.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Too early to make any judgment

+3

Hi Jenga

One week out from breast surgery is too soon to make any judgment. If the nipples are at the same level, that is a very good start. Remember to think back to what your breasts were before surgery. Were they the same? In the vast majority of patients (if not all) the breasts are different even if the nipples are at about the same level. They will be different after surgery also.

So let the healing continue, keep your doctor informed about your concerns and hang in there. Most of the time it takes a good 6 weeks to really see where things will settle. Good luck as you recover.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Careful with bandeau

+3

Hi

I am confused as to your description and the photograph. It appears that the issue is on the right, not left. Please clarify if you can. Either way, the asymmetry is noted and at this point could be handled by selective wrapping or a garment in an effort to mobilize the implant and maintain the pocket. The bandeau as demonstrated may be making things worse and needs to be considered. The surgeon should be consulted at this point.

Michael A. Marschall, MD

Give it some time

+2

It is important to wait at least 6 months to 1 year before making a judgment about your breast augmentation. Everyone heals differently and in different time frames. Your implants will settle over the next several months and sit differently than they are now. If you are still unpleased with your result after a year, go back and talk to your surgeon. Voice your concerns and discuss your options.

Joseph G. Bauer, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Please refer to my answer to your other question

+2

Looks like you have posted the same question, now with an arrow to point out the issue.  My other answer still stands - please take off the strap and stay close to your surgeon during the recovery.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Uneven Results from Breast Implants

+1

In reviewing your photographs asymmetry is noted.  However, it is too early to pass judgment on your result.  The compress band above the breasts may be contributing to the problem.  See your Plastic surgeon and follow his advice.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Results from Breast Implants

+1

Pertaining to your breast photos and any other patient, it is best to wait several months and let the implants settle in before making any kind of judgment concerning the results.  Let them settle then if you are concerned speak to your surgeon about them and review your pre and post op photos.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Left pocket for breast implants looks too low.

+1

Hi.

1) I see what you are talking about. It's subtle, but it is there, and it probably will not go away. And stop using that strap! It's pushing the implants down and can make the problem worse.

2) Live with your breast implants for at least six months before considering a revision. Overall, you look good. They are not too far apart.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast concerns

+1

I think I just answered this question. You are too early post-op to be overly concerned by visualization of the implant. The breasts need a few months to settle in and for the swelling to dissipate.