As Swelling from Breast Augmentation Subside, Will my Cup Size Go Down?

I recently had Breast Augmentation about a week ago and they feel huge! I've been told by everyone that the swelling does go down, but how much?

I've received mixed answers and I am starting to get worried that I went too large. I've heard the swelling goes down about a size... is that true? How long will this take? Thank you!!

Size matters

+2

Seebee,

The amount that your swelling goes down depends on the amount of swelling that you have.  Everyone develops a different amount of swelling in response to surgery. 

Changes in size and shape and fullness after breast implant augmentation surgery

+1

I have seen studies suggesting that there can be up to 10-15% swelling of the breasts that persists for up to 9 months after surgery. Furthermore, even when the size remains the same, the shape can change with loss of upper fullness and increased lower fullness.

Breast implants that are too large is a pretty common problem.

+1

Hi.

I hope it is just swelling after your breast implants, but I am not optimistic. They will certainly go down a little bit. Then you just need to wait six months. Either you get used to them or you will have to consider a revision breast augmentation with smaller implants.

Picking the right implants is a real art.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Swelling and breast implants

+1

Swelling after breast implants varies from patient to patient. Be patient and give it time to settle down a bit before you get overly concerned.

Swelling after breast augmentation

+1

See your surgeon. The internet is no substitute for a godd examination and evaluation by a board-certified plastic surgeon. Do not panic. This may well be normal swelling and you may have the size you were looking for when the swelling subsides. Good luck.

Jack Gelman, MD
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon