I had a breast augmentation 3 weeks ago. Are my Breast Implants Too Big?

Hello. I had a breast augmentation 3 weeks ago. I barely fit a 34A bra (left one was very small). Only tissues on the side and no middle tissue. My doctor gave me 400cc in the left breast and 375cc in the right breast-under the muscle (silicone gel hp).
I was hoping to be a 34C but now I'm afraid I'm too large. I still have bruising and some swelling, I believe. Everyone says they don't look too big but I am freaking out. Should I be worried? I wanted to have boobs but I'm worried I look like a porn star (no offense to porn stars). Thanks.

Your body will change. It is too soon to tell

+2

Zuelkela: Three weeks postop is a time when some of our patients have questions about their cup size and their breast appearance. I can tell you that you will be able to tell better over the next few weeks or months.

The early appearance is often unusual or "fake." They often have a semi-spherical roundness. The upper roundness becomes more sloped and tapers over several weeks. Usually I don't suggest that your breasts will become much smaller, but that they will look more like breasts should.

If you have noticible bruising and swelling at this point, then you may indeed decrease in size some.

Another thing that will probably change is your point-of-view. You will usually start to see yourself in a different way, as you become more accustomed to your new figure and proportions.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Implants too big

+1

Give it some time.  Right now you have a lot of swelling and within a few weeks the swelling will subside.  The implants will also drop a bit and won't look so big.

Give it 3 months

+1

After 3 months you might feel much more comfortable with your implants. The HP implants do give a much more prominent look as they are designed to do that. It may take a little longer to adjust than if they had been moderate or moderate plus profiles. Do the massages your doctor has requested, relax and give the process some time before reaching any final conclusions.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Give it time...

+1

It is too early to judge your results although it sounds as if much of your final breast will be determined by the implants due the paucity of your breast tissue. The implants can look more "done" because of this. The sizes you mentioned may give you the size that you asked for, but the look may be somewhat more obvious. There is also a psycho-emotional adjustment that needs to occur and that is rather unpredictable since patients can react differently to their results. One question I ask patient is "If you came out too big or too small, which situation would make you more unhappy?" This allows me some direction during the procedure to make judgements about what implants to use. Then, if given optins, I err on the side that would make the patient less unhappy since it is ok to not fully achieve your goals, since breast augmentation is intrinsically somewhat unpredictable and imperfect, but I do not want to leave the patient unhappy. I have found that, in general, it is better to be slightly smaller since padded or push-up bras can make up the difference so patients may be disappointed but not unhappy, but it is often hard to hide breasts that are too large so these patients are more unhappy.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Your breast implants probably are too big.

+1

Hi.

What can you do ? Wait six months. If you still feel the same way ( you probably will), then you will need a revision breast augmentation with smaller breast implants.

One of the things I tell my patients is: "I don't do strippers!"

I wrote an article for RealSelf on how to choose breast implants. You can see it on my profile.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)