Breast Augmentation Bottoming Out!

I am 11 months post op and am worried I have slightly bottomed out. My right breast is lower than my left and feels heavy and uncomfortable! I am quite satisfied with my breasts appearance but the discomfort in the right is starting to get annoying and I am worried that it will continue to drop lower. Will this continue to get worse? Also, I only had small silicone implants (322cc) and am not overly thin so what is the cause of this bottoming out? THANKYOU!

Breast asymmetry

+1

The photos that you posted are Ok, but a fornal exam is essential to determine which breast is the problem or are they both an issue?  It would be nice to have seen preops as well.

Breast augmentation bottoming out

+1

Hi there,

I think the right implant is lower than the left and it looks like the inframammary fold is lower on the right. The best advice is to see your surgeon.  If this is indeed the case, it can be fixed by a fairly small revisional procedure to plicate the lower capsule on the right side, and open the upper part of the capsule allowing the implant to move up.

I'm assuming that both breast are equally soft to feel, and that your breasts were pretty even preoperatively.

Good luck! 

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Asymmetry

+1

Without an in-person physical exam, one cannot determine the exact cause or nature of your problem other than to say that you do indeed have asymmetry.  The first place to start is by re-visiting your surgeon to get a diagnosis and then a solution for your asymmetry.  If that fails then arrange for a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Breast Asymmetry

+1

Were the implants placed above or below the muscle?  It appears that the left implant is above the muscle and the right one is below.  The fold is also lower on the right and "squeezing" of the implant by your pectoralis muscle may be contributing to the pain.

As the other surgeons have said - it is best to see your original surgeon and see what suggestions he/she has.

Leonard Harris, MD
Burlington Plastic Surgeon

Fixing breast asymmetry

+1

Your posted photos show asymmetry with the right inframammary fold slightly lower than the left, the center of the right implant below the right nipple and the center of the left implant above the left nipple. Not knowing what you started with or what exactly was done at surgery it is impossible to say what could be done to improve the situation. The right fold could have been disrupted or you could have been born that way. The nipple positions may have been asymmetric before surgery. The only thing one can say for sure is you will need revision surgery if you want to improve the look of your augmentation.

Currently the best surgeon to fix the problem is the surgeon who saw you before surgery and did the surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

You can have this corrected with pocket revision

+1

I would like to see your before pictures. The shape of your breast are very different and you may had some difference before that augmentation has exaggerated.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Bottoming Out?

+1

From you photographs it is difficult to determine if your right breast is too low or your left breast too high.  However, you do have asymmetry. Addressing this in either direction will depend upon an accurate and complete examination by a board certified plastic surgeon.  With your arms elevated to take the photograph the breast position can be altered. Assuming you are correct, it is difficult to predict how things will change over time, but you can correct this with suturing techniques - sometimes called an internal bra. Revisit this with your surgeon to get a formal opinion.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Augmentation follow up

+1

When in pain, it is important to follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Upon examination, your surgeon will be able to address your concerns and recommend necessary treatment options. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation assymetry

+1

You describe problems with pain in your right breast - which does appear to be different in shape and implant position compared to your left side. Perhaps you have bottomed out a bit on the right side.  Its difficult to make an accurate assesment based on the photos you've provided. Follow up with your plastic surgeon !

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS