Trouble with Arm Movement 5 Weeks After Breast Augmentation

I had a breast augmentation with armpit incision 5 weeks ago and am still having trouble with arm movement. Is this normal?

Pain in armpit after augmentation

+1

A transaxillary breast augmentation incision may be sore after 5-6 weeks. The best way to be sure that it is nothing serious is to go see your doctor for an evaluation.

Pain in armpit after transaxillary (arm pit) breast augmentation

+1

I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon who is best equipped to perform an accurate physical examination and provide an assessment,  diagnosis, and  treatment plan.

Arm Movement Trouble After Transaxillary Breast Augmentation

+1

It is normal to still have difficulty with some arm motions after a transaxillary breast augmentation - even after 5 weeks.  The way the surgery is done, it creates alot of trauma to the armpit/ upper arm area.  Most of it is just temporary, but it is something you should work on - try and stretch your arms in all directions and really work to achieve your full range of motion.  Alot of patients get stiff in the healing process, and all it takes is some dedicated stretching to get back to normal.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Trouble with arm movement 5 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

This is very common with the axillary incision choice. Discuss this with your surgeon to understand the stretching upon the brachial plexus.

From MIAMI DR. B