Breast Augmentation and Narcosis?

Hi, i will have a breast implant revision surgery but i don't want to have narcosis. Are there any other options for general anesthesia? What are the disadvantages of narcosis?

Breast augmentation

+1

I think that it is important for patients to be comfortable during surgery and anesthesia is used for this reason.

Breast surgery revision under local anesthesia

+1

While minor revisions can be done under local anesthesia, others could be extremely painful - it is important to discuss your options with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with revisions.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Breast Augmentation and Narcosis?

+1

You would have to give me your definition of narcosis to answer this directly. 

Breast surgery can be done using intravenous sedation and local anesthesia. That is pretty much the rule in our office and in many others.

All the best.