Breast Augmentation and Hyper Sensitive Nipples? (photo)

I am contemplating a breast augmentation, and my nipples have always been hypersensitive (and i hate it, I can stand to have them touched). A friend who had a lift and implants lost nipple sensitivity, I am assuming the nerve had to be cut to move the nipple. I do not need a lift just implants. Is it possible to ask my ps to cut the nerve to my nipple during implants? I really want permanent loss of sensation to my nipples, I get zero pleasure from them just pain. I would sign anything.

Yes, the nerve to the nipple could possibly be cut, as you request, at the time of breast augmentation

+2

Yes, the nerve to the nipple could possibly be cut, as you request, at the time of breast augmentation. This would like diminish your nipple sensation greatly but there is not guarantee that your nipples would be completely numb. Sometimes, more than one nerve supplies sensation the the same nipple.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Hypersensitivity of Nipples and Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your request is somewhat unusual; most patients are anxious to preserve  nipple sensation after breast augmentation surgery. If your  nipple hypersensitivity is as symptomatic as you describe, then attempting to divide the intercostal  nerves can be done during  breast augmentation surgery.

If you were my patient, I would do my best to talk you out of any  plan to purposely divide the intercostal nerves.  I would caution you about the potential  “irritation”/symptoms of a divided nerve;  be careful that you do not trade one problem for a worse problem.

Nipple Sensitivity

+1
Changes in sensation are very common following breast augmentation, and these are almost always temporary and will most likely ease in time. You may make your request to your surgeon, but be prepared to have a frank discussion about it because they may try to change your mind. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Nipple Sensitivity

+1

The feeling in the nipples comes from the intercostal nerves which originate in your spinal cord and wrap around your sides to the chest area. Most of the time when a woman loses feeling (or even become hypersensitive) it is because the nerves are damaged during the surgery to create the pocket for the implant. The nerves are as small as fishing line so to purposely try to cut them all would be impossible and may result in painful hypersensitivity along your side the radiates across your chest. Looking at your pictures I would first recommend a radical nipple reduction.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Augmentation and Hyper Sensitive Nipples?

+1

The posted photos shows a stimulated nipple/arolae. Sure use the areolar incision technique to attempt to decrease the innervation to the nipple.