Breast Augmentation and Facial Procedure Safe Together?

I am getting a breast augmentation done the end of may/beginning of june and I want to have a facial procedure done at the same for my severe acne scarring. I havent decided what type though. I have had C02 Laser before, but was looking into dermabrasion as well. what facial procedure is better to combine with the breast augmentation( if one in particular). Is this safe? I am 26 year old mother of one. Active person (Active Airforce) and am 120 pounds. any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

You will be OK to have the breast augmentation and the facial dermabrasion performed at the same time

1035 Park Ave
New York City, NY 10028

Safe To Have Breast Surgery With Facial Procedure?

Thanks for your question!  Yes, you can have a Breast Augmentation at the same time as the Fractionated CO2 Laser or Dermabrasion to your face.  Which procedure is best for your face for acne needs to be determined by your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Board Certified Dermatologist and you.  But it is safe to do both procedures at the same time.

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS

16100 Sand Canyon Ave #230
Irvine, CA 92618

Combining procedures

It is certainly okay to combine facial and breast surgery together at the same setting.  Whether you undergo laser or dermabrasion will depend on the surgeon's preference.  It is okay to have a second laser treatment for acne scars and you can expect to have some further improvement.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

9339 Genesse Avenue
San Diego, CA 92121-2119

Breast Augmentation and Facial Procedure Safe Together? #multiplesurgeries

Yes they are very safe to do together, both in time under anesthesia and any fear of contamination. I prefer to do the breast portion of the procedure first, so as to keep the implant form getting any cross contamination from instruments and the like....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

10210 North 92nd Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Breast Augmentation and Skin Resurfacing Procedure Combined?

Thank you for the question. You will find differing opinions about combining these 2 operations. I do not think that the duration of surgery is the concern, as opposed to the issue of potential “contamination” of the breast implant by skin bacteria ( IF there is a “transient bacteremia” caused by the skin resurfacing procedure).

Given that you will not find any hard “science” specifically about combining these 2 procedures, it may be in your best interest to have the procedures performed at separate times (preferably the resurfacing first).

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Multiple procedures

In a healthy younger patient combing multiple procedures is safe.  At my practice in Austin, Texas I operate only in the hospital setting which provides a safe environment and the option of overnight stays if needed.  I suspect your procedures could be completed in a few hours which is certainly reasonable and safe.  Good luck.  Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

7700 Cat Hollow Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681

Breast Augmentation and Laser Resurfacing

I think you may find some different opinions on this one, but the safest thing to do is to separate them.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Facial procedures and breast augmentation

It is not uncommon to combine procedures of the face and breasts at the same time. Talk with your surgeon.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Breast Implants and skin treatement at the same time???

Hello,.. Although the biocompatibility of breast implants is high, still acting  as a foreign bodies in our system, and during a skin aggressive treatment, like dermabrasion., or laser peel, certain skin surface bacteria will go into our blood circulation system an eventually can contribute to cause an infection and/or hard capsule.      My recommendation is to do  the  facial tx first, and weeks after the Breast Augmentation Surgery. Use or prophylactic antibiotic therapy will be under your PS criteria.       Best Wishes

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Blvd. Agua Caliente 4558
Tijuana, BC 22014

Although many combination procedures are done along with breast enlargement, this is one I would not recommend. Either dermabrasion or a CO2 laser peel is likely to cause showers of bacteria that could "seed" the implant contributing to an implant infection. Better to do the facial procedure first, the breast later. Thank you for your service. All the best. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004