What Can I Expect From Breast Augmentation and Brazilian Butt Lift at the Same Time?

How long and what can you expect when you combine breast augmentation surgery with Brazilian butt augmentation??

Breast augmentation and Brazilian butt lift

+1

It is not uncommon for me to perform a breast augmentation and a Brazilian Butt lift during the same surgery.  It does not increase the recovery period at all.  Recovery from a breast augmentation is typically very quick, the buttock is the limiting factor, which may keep you from work for 1-2 weeks.

Recovery from combination BA and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Yes, medically these procedures can be performed at the same time. However, it may be difficult for you to be positioned appropriately and difficult for you to have a comfortable position to rest after having both done.  There is a no sitting policy for the Butt Lift procedure.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Combining the Brazilian Butt Lift with Other Procedures

+1

Hi there-

While there are many things that CAN be done, the real question you should be asking is whether it SHOULD be done...

In order to understand the best answer, let's first consider the goals of any aesthetic surgical procedure...

For almost all reasonable people, the goals of aesthetic surgery are to SAFELY achieve a LOVELY, NATURAL, SYMMETRIC outcome that is maintained over the long term. Right??

If we can agree on this, then understanding what I am going to say will be easier.

There is no doubt that the two procedures you desire can be combined- I have done so many times.

On the other hand, it is almost always my recommendation to my own patients that they do NOT combine these procedures. 

As a few of my colleagues have mentioned, positioning during the surgery is a bit of a problem, but more importantly, it is important to realize that it will be AFTER the surgery as well, and that (especially if your implants are placed under your chest muscle) the following of instructions usually given after breast augmentation will necessarily compromise your ability to follow those given after BBL, and vice versa...

So that, in the end, your chances of achieving a lovely outcome in either area are diminished.

In other words, let me answer your question by asking you one-

If you could combine the procedures, but after surgery neither area looked as good as you had hoped, would you do it?

Don't compromise. Get the best outcome you can from each by performing one  procedure at a time.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazilian Buttock lift

+1

Brazilian Buttock Lift can be combined with breast augmentation.

My only concern is

1: to properly position you during surgery on your stomack to liposuction love handles, back and transfer that fat to the buttocks, you need to be on your stomach, That may put pressure on the implants

2: If the Breast Implants are put under the muscle there is a little more pain in the chest and when using the arms. To be able to position your self you will need the arms as you will also have pain in the buttocks.

Consider all that with your decisions

Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast augmentation

+1

There is no problem with combining these two procedures in the same surgical setting.  I will typically do the breast augmentation first for sterility reasons and then the Brazilian Butt Lift.  After the breast augmentation is done liposuction will need to be done in the areas that you have excess fat, this fat is then processed and then grafted into the buttocks.  This will usually give a good long term result.  You may want to discuss with your surgeon that the overall body look may change enough to cause you to want to go a little bigger with the implants to match the butt.

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and butt lift

+1

Certaily a butt lift with fat injections and a breast augmentation can be performed at the same time, but positioning is a small issue.