Breast Augmentation at Age 17?

Im 17 years old i have uneven breast my left breast is about a cup size bigger than my right am i old enough to get a boob job? I have about an A cup on my right and about a B cup size on my left and i want to make them both about a size C cup is this possible at my age or do i have to be 18? I live in NY. Thanks!

Asymmetric breast size

+1
Breast development continues throughout a woman's life, with a first stage of maturity achieved at 19-20 years old. Asymmetry is also the norm for women, as no breasts are perfectly symmetrical in size and/or shape. Don't worry, because some asymmetry is perfectly normal and you may find that it is evens out as you age. I suggest you wait until you're about 19-20 before considering surgery.

Breast augmentation 17 years old

+1

Dear Jessica,

Provided you are examined and you are developmentally where you need to be and with the consent of your parents, breast augmentation may be performed.  Until you are 22 years old, however, you can only have saline implants.  This may very well be the proper choice for you as you described quite an asymmetry between your breasts.  Please schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with your parents/guardian present.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation age limits

+1

Every surgeon will have different policies about the appropriate age of breast augmentation. I typically wait until a patient is 18 years old, but there are always exceptions to rules. The other things to consider are to make sure that breast development is complete, to make sure the patient is socially and psychologically appropriate, and to be sure that the risks and benefits of surgery are clearly understood. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Usually in our practice we will not do a breast augmentation on a patient younger then 18. You should wait till your at least 18 to have the surgery done, for your own good.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS