How Soon is Too Soon to Have a Breast Augmentation After Having a Foot/ankle Ligament & Cartilage Repair Surgery?

I want to make sure I'm giving my body enough time to heal but now is a great time to my BA! My ankle surgery was 8 wks ago. According to my physical therapy orders the surgery on my ankle was a scope with Brostrom. I had cartilage & ligaments repaired. I’m out of the walking boot & off crutches; walking on my own with low impact. I'm just wondering if anytime now would be fine to have the BA or if I should wait longer to let my ankle/foot heal more before I would have the BA done.

I think the timing of your surgery is fine

+1

Given that your ankle is now 2 months postop, as long as you do not require any upper extremity assist devices, like crutches, canes, or walkers, you should be fine to proceed with breast augmentation, and in fact, the timing may be ideal as you won't be able to do too much activity while your breasts recover.

Breast Aug after ankle repair

+1

Now is OK as long as you don't require crutches any longer. We operated on a patient with a recent ankle repair just last week.

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Okay to proceed with breast augmentation eight weeks after uncomplicated ankle surgery.

+1

It sounds as though you are doing well after the ankle surgery. I see no reason not to proceed with breast augmentation provided it's okay with the orthopedist.

+1

Once recovered from the previous surgery without presenting any complication you can proceed to the realization of the breast augmentation surgery, as a rule it is prudent to wait for a period between 6 and 12 months between  a surgery and other.

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Breast Augmentation Timing

+1

I think it is safe to have your breast augmentation anytime now!  Recovering from breast augmentation should not prevent you from low impact rehabilitation for your ankle.  Best of luck! K. Roxanne Grawe MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation , how soon after foot Surgery ?

+1

If the wound has healed without any complications and there is no concerns or evidence of having infection, augmentation mammoplasty could be performed quite safely. Six to eight months interval is sufficient .

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and foot/ankle surgery

+1

If you get clearance from your orthopedist it should be ok. If you are ambulating well know it is probably fine. Good luck.

Ready for breast augmentation

+1

You should be fine to go as long as your previous surgeon gives you the ok. There should be no contraindication not to have the surgery.

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hi and thanks for your question

8 weeks is a reasonable amount of time to heal. You can have your BA anytime now. SInce you have been relatively immobile for 8 weeks, you should speak to your doctor about the risk of DVT ( clot in the leg) especially if you have other risk factors such as smoking and the pill. One way of confirming whether you have a clot in the leg is to have an Ultrasound scan.

All the best

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation after foot surgery

+1

You are good to go!  Be sure to let your foot doctor know that you are planning to have surgery, in case he wants to give you a written medical release letter for your Plastic Surgeon.  Best of luck!!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD