Breast Augmentation At 18?

I want to get a breast augmentation. I would actually prefer saline implants over silicone ones. I actually don't want a natural look. But I don't want anything that's not safe for my body, either. Would I be able to get any size I want, as long as it's safe?

Breast Augmentation at 18

+1

Saline implants can be placed in 18 year old patients.  I frequently perform these surgeries through the belly button so that you have no visible scar.  As far as size goes, all patients try on sizers to determine what they would like.  Your chest wall width will be your limiting factor, and your plastic surgeon should advise you on that.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery, Los Angeles, CA

Which breast implant?

+1

Thanks for your question. The bigger you go, then the less likely it will look natural. The final cup is better determined after performing an examination and seeing your natural shape and current breast volume. Silicone typically does feel more natural than saline. Perhaps using a volume sizing system (VSS) will help you feel more comfortable deciding from your choices. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

What size...?

+1

You can certainly get saline breast implants at age 18.  If you like the more "fake" or rounded look, a high profile type implant may work for you.  But the exact size (in cc's) really depends on your frame and your tissues - this will take an in-person evaluation to determine.  All the best!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Augmentation

+1

The sizing depends on your height, weight, chest anatomy and width, breast width and the laxity of your breast tissue. Proper sizing is important to have a great result

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation at 18 years. Can I have any size?

+1

Size of implants is dependent on many variables including the preoperative size of the breasts, tightness of the skin envelope and overall chest dimensions. You need to be examined by a board cerified plastic surgeon to determine the best size for you. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Any size you want at 18

+1

Actually you can get any size you want, though if the result is to hold up well over time you have to consider limits of the natural skin envelope and the size of your chest. Over reaching can produce poor results. Show your surgeon the look you are after and what your 'natural' should look like, and keep in mind at 18 the result will be yours for a very long time.

Saline breast implants are FDA approved for use at 18 years old

+1

Thanks for your question.  Breast augmentation for cosmetic purposes can be performed once someone reaches 18 years old.  Only saline implants are FDA approved at that age.  Silicone implants are FDA approved for those 22 years old or older.  There isn't really a good reason for this.  In regards to size, the best thing to do is to meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon, have a consult, and discuss with them your desired results.  You should stay away from implants that are too big for your body as that will lead to problems later in life.  Only after a proper consult can you really make the determination about what size is best for you.  Good luck and I'm sure you'll be very happy after having the procedure.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Saline breast implants

+1

You should be able to get any size you want, provided you have adequate tissue to cover the implant. The larger the implant is, the more the skin will stretch and thin. With large saline implants, the risk of seeing visible ripples is higher.

Good luck.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation, Breast Size, and Safety Concerns?

+1

I think you already have a good understanding about  safety concerns in regards to breast implant size and patient body type.  Generally speaking, it is important not to use breast implants that are too big for the patient's specific body type ( based on careful dimensional  planning). 

I would suggest that, when the time is right, you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work  and communicate your goals carefully.

As you have done above, make sure that you emphasize safety as the first priority.

Breast Augmentation at 18 years of age

+1

At the age of 18, saline implants are your only choice for breast augmentation. At this time by FDA guidelines, only patients who are 22 years and older are eligible to undergo breast augmentation using silicone implants. You will be able to find a plastic surgeon to place whatever sized implants you want. But, most plastic surgeons WILL guide you to choose an implant that they consider to be a safe size for your chest dimensions. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD