BA 10 Mo Post Op Breasts Did Not Descent and Feel Like They Don't Have Enough Space to Roam in the Pocket? (photo)

I am 50, 5'7, 115lbs - 350cc silicone under muscle. PO high riding, fullness up top still. PS states the reason is my tanned skin preventing descending of both. My breasts feel as if there is not enough room to descend. I questioned CC at 3 mo follow-up - PS reassured me it was not CC. They do not move around freely. I can barely squeeze them together...hardish laying on chest, uncomfortable. I feel if the pocket was not carved enough inner & bottom areas.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+2
I think your implants are riding high and at this point its unlikely that they will drop, if you are happy with the look than it is fine, otherwise I would suggest some capsule work to drop the implants

They Didn't Drop!

+2

It looks like your implants were high from day one and never did drop. At this point you do need further surgery to correct this and while I hate to judge, I think your implants were not placed properly and tan skin is not an excuse..I'm not sure if you have HP implants or not but that is probably not the right implant for you either...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+2

Great way to post photos - a before, an immediate after, than a late after (10 months) ! You have a few issues from my perspective. First, the surgeon failed to open the pocket inferior enough to allow descent. Second from your detailed description I must assume you have CC. Lastly, the only way to correct is re operation. 

Breasts Did Not Descend

+2

From your description this sounds like capsular contracture, though the surgeon's findings on exam would usually verify that. The concept of tan skin causing problems is a new one to me. 

Another possibility is that the implants are properly positioned (at the fold) but are too large to have been placed without having lowered the folds. If the implants feel soft, that would be a likelier explanation. Options would be breast lift to elevate the areolas, or lowering the fold and implant.

All the best. 

Implants High and Hard After Breast Augmentation

+2

Your description and photos indicate that you now have a capsular contraction of your breast implants. You didn't mention if you are a smoker. You definitely need another operation to enlarge the pockets (capsulotomy), mainly inferiorly and may want to consider textured implants now that your body has created a capsular contraction. You also are very thin with little natural breast coverage for your implants so you may want to try the latest "form stable" silicone implants that would look more natural with your body type.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Implants writing to high it 10 months will require surgical correction after breast augmentation.

+2

It looks as though you might have capsular contractures. In any event the implant volume is to on the chest wall. I don't see a you can avoid another operation.

Implants too high

+2

It does appear that you have an implant malposition.  With the center of the implant above the nipple it is forcing your nipples down.  If the implant is too low it will force the nipples up.  To correct this problem you need an inferior capsulectomy and a lowering of the implant.  

Space to Roam in the Pocket?

+2

Dear Lex,

Your photos have a lot of shading and hard to see clearly, but you do seem to have high-riding implants.  Tanned skin does not keep implants from being in the proper position.  You have naturally high creases and to accomodate the size of implant you have, the crease needs to be lowered for the implants to look natural.  This need to be done very carefully to avoid 'bottoming out'.  The below link is an example of a similiarly positioned crease that I lowered to accomodate sizable implants, as well as bring in her cleavage to avoid gapping between the breasts.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Improving your excess upper pole fullness

+2

There are several options to improve the fullness in your upper breasts. 1. smaller implants. 2. anatomically shaped implants 3. conservative lowering of your inframammary folds. Tanned skin has never been a reason for implants to remain high. Hopefully, your plastic surgeon will address your concerns. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Implant size

+1
It looks like you have fairly large implants on a very small frame.  Hopefully the implants will settle with time as the swelling subsides and the skin stretches.  Decreasing the size to a 250cc result would give a more natural appearance, but it may not be the size you desire. Good luck

David Stoker, MD