Breast Augmenation? What Size Would You Recommend?

Am 4"11,120lbs. Always been a C-D 36, lost weight 20lbs,but noticed a bit saggy, I want a bigger size, what size should I do?I am aware of my height but I already had natural large breast in the first place, so I like to go a bit bigger!

200 cc for One Cup Size in Smaller Women

+1

In general, 200 cc may represent one cup size in a smaller woman.  Therefore, 400 cc would be two cup sizes.  If you are a C, 400 cc would take you to a DD.

Breast augmentation and lift?

+1

While you sound like a good candidate for implants, the only way to properly evaluate you is by seeing you in person and performing an exam and discussing your goals. It also sounds like you may need a lift.  Without the exam it is impossible to say what is best.

Sizing up a shorter person?

+1

Thank you for your question. Sizing is always a very personal issue. Shorter patients can look a bit top heavy with bigger breasts and that can be unattractive. With your weight loss, you may even have to consider a breast lit. The best you can do is see a plastic surgeon. For sizing, I prefer the volume sizing system. See if you can find a surgeon that also uses this method. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Implant size?

+1

You need to be evaluated in the flesh by a board certified plastic surgeon who will measure you breast diameter and examine your sagging and your breast thickness.  He/she can then give you a range of sizes that will "fit". 

You may also want to consider having just a breast lift.  In my experience, a lift can make a saggy breast look so much better and even a little bigger and the beauty of having no implant is having no implant!

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Breast implant size

+1

The typical size I use is in the mid 300 cc range and for someone your height, I would probably use around a 325 or 350. Cc implant to give you a C cup.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as "natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Sizing

+1

the proper sizing depends on your height, weight, chest wall size and anatomy and breast width. you need to be measured for sizing

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Choosing breast implant size.

+1

Choosing your breast implant size is one of the most unnerving tasks as you want to find the right size you envision. This can only be done in person with a qualified surgeon. Showing your surgeon photos of the breasts you desire will help them understand your thoughts. Be open and honest during these discussions and you should be happy with the results. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

What size for breast augmentation?

+1

In my opinion these situations that we find ourselves in with patients can be simplified. Sizing is not about a number. In fact, I do not even discuss numbers with my patients. If a patient walks through the door and says they want x-cc implants I have to educate them about how sizing works. The best analogy I can relate this to is buying shoes. When you go to buy shoes how do you do that? First you start with the size your foot is right? So if your foot is a 6.5 you try on all kinds of 6.5 size shoes. Some may be tall, some might be flat, and some might be somewhere in between. You would never try to buy a size 8 shoe because it would be too big for your foot right? Breast sizing is the exact same way. Implants come in several different profiles that are like different heights of shoes. Implants can be low profile, moderate profile, or high profile. There are even implants that are higher than high. That would be your high platform shoe. Each implant style give you a different look. Now, your breast has a defined width that we call the base diameter of the breast. This would be analogous to the show size. Your breast base diameter never changes. It is what it is. So now, you can choose several different style of implants that fit the number of your breast base diameter. That really narrows down what implant is best for you. So once you know your breast base diameter you can try the low, moderate, high or really high implants on. The only think you have to decide is which look you are going for. You would never put an implant that is 13 centimeters wide in a patient whose base diameter is 10 centimeters. Half the implant would be in the armpit. So, this is very simple to me. My patients get a few choices that fit their breast and that is it. I will not put an implant in a patient that is too wide for their body because it will harm them over time. Hope this helps.

Richard J. Brown, MD