Round Lump After Breast Augmentation

I just had a breast augmenation 2 weeks ago. I was massaging and I feel a tiny round ball or lump inside my skin between my armpit and breasts. It's scaring me. I have silicone gel implants so I doubt they could leak like this. What could this be?

Round lump in breast after breast augmentation.

+1

Just to be safe, you should call your PS and request a follow up and personal exam.  Chances are, it is normal but you always want to keep your PS informed. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

You may have a little hematoma after breast implants.

+1

HI.

This story does not sound worrisome.  The lump is most likely a little seroma or hematoma after your breast augmentation and it should go away in a few weeks.

Clinical exam and follow up after breast augmentation is needed

+1

A clinical exam and follow up by your surgeon is the best thing to do. As mentioned before this could be lymph node or a proper breast mass. If suspicious, you will be asked to perform an imaging study. A clinical exam is the first step.

Lump after breast augmentation

+1

A lump in the breast after a breast augmentation could be one of several things.  Most commonly it is a reactive lymph node. It could also be a small seroma or hematoma or even some fat necrosis. Highly unlikely to be a cancer, but I would get examined by your surgeon.

You really need to have an examination.

+1

It is most likely nothing to worry about. However, it is important that you have an examination with your doctor to make sure there is nothing more serious occurring.

Web reference: http://www.RealPlasticSurgery.com

Lump may be a 'reactive' lymph node

+1

It may be a 'reactive' lymph node. It is also important to know if your surgery was performed via the transaxillary approach, as this could be due to the surgical dissection. Make your surgeon aware of it and have him follow it. You do not want to ignore it as there could be a small possiblility of a cancerous lesion.

It's probably a lymph node

+1

The odds on bet for what you are feeling is that it is a lymph node that is enlarged just as a reaction to surgery. Check with your surgeon to be sure!

Check with your surgeon

+1

You do not mention if you had a transaxillary incision, which may mean that this "lump" is located in the path of dissection and could be related to the surgery. There are lymph nodes that could possibly become inflamed that are located in, and just below, the armpit towards the breast.

Depending on your age, there also has to be constant vigilence to cancers. We all have been fooled, or have heard cases, where what we think could be something related to recent surgery, but it is, in fact, cancer that has never been detected previously. I personally have had a patient in her late 30's who noticed two small lumps in the periphery of her breast six months after augmentation. These turned out to be cancerous.

It is probably not cancer, but your doctor needs to insure that it isn't. Since it is so soon after surgery, you could wait a few weeks and see if it goes away or becomes smaller. If not, a mammogram or biopsy might be in order if you are, say, 30 or older.

Likely a lymph node after breast augmentation

+1

After surgery, it is not unusual for lymph nodes to react by getting larger, and sometimes tender.  Point it out to your doctor on next visit, and in the mean time, it is nothing to worry about.