Breast Aug 2 Weeks Ago and my Incsion is Draining a Creamy Light Red Color. Is It Infected?

16 Days ago I had a breast augmentation. 2 days ago I went to see my surgeon because one of my incisions had been really bothering me and that morning had started leaking fluid. He told me I had a suture abcess and he removed that suture pushed a little fluid out and put two more stitches in pinching my incision together. He said I would not have anymore fluid leak out. However tonight my incision began to leak alot worse. It is a light red semi thick drainage with a yellow tinge. Is it infected

Fluid after breast augmentation

+1

Please see your surgeon immediately.  You may simply have another suture spitting or a more severe infection.

Is my breast augmentation infected

+1

Without an examination it will be difficult for me to give a totally accurate answer. That being said, I would return promptly to your surgeon and have him re-evaluate you. Culture of the fluid, antibiotics, may be necessary. What you are describing could be a deeper problem than originally thought.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Infected wound?

+1

it is difficult to say whether or not you have an infection, a fluid collection, or a minor wound healing problem.  It is best to be evlauated in person by your doctor and followed closely.

Implant Infection

+1

It sounds like an infection. Call your surgeon now as it seems that you need antibiotics and potentially a drainage.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon