Breast Augmentation - Swelling or Bottoming Out?

I had breast aug. 3 weeks ago. I had a post-op appt with my surgeon today. My breasts look uneven and I was wondering, is this due to swelling or is my right breast beginning to bottom out? He told me to buy a supportive bra and wear it day and night until my next appt. in 3 more weeks. I've worn the bra their office supplied me with until now, day and night. Before surgery my left breast was a bit smaller than my right so he used a larger saline implant with it. What do you think? Thank you!

Not bottoming out

+1

It is too early to determine if you are having a problem.  There is excessive fullness of the upper quadrants of the breasts and this will go down over the next few weeks.  You need at least 6  months before you can even begin to judge your result.  

3 Weeks is too early to assess final breast augmentation result (photo)

+1

In my opinion, your implants are particularly large for your frame and this makes it difficult to estimate the amount of soft tissue relaxation or support that your own tissues will provide to the final result. Certainly at 3 weeks, it is WAY TOO EARLY to know what the final result will look like. I would wait unitl 6-9 months and re-assess your result at that time.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Conservative measures are not likely to correct your breast asymmetry.

+1

I personally do not believe that anything other then a second surgery is going to alter the present asymmetry of your breasts and this includes the wearing of a supportive bra or the passage of time. The question is whether or not even another surgery will do the trick. The answer may lie in a review of your preoperative photos to determine if this present asymmetry predated the surgery. If so then it is not likely a revision will be successful. If not, the fact that your right breast is lower then the left and your right nipple is higher then the left can be attributed to a bottoming out of the right breast. The good news is that surgical options do exist to correct the bottoming out effect.

Bottoming out or swelling?

+1

The right breast fold appears to be lower than the left. It is likely that this was present before surgery. Augmentations will typically make minor asymmetries appear more pronounced. However, at 3 weeks, you are very early in the healing process. Give the breasts at least 6 months before making judgments on final position/shape/feel. Each breast will recover in a slightly different time frame which can cause you unwarranted concern in the early healing period.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Too Early To Tell Bottoming Out

+1

Certainly, it does appear that your right breast inframammary crease sits lower then the left side.  However, without seeing you beforehand, it is difficult to know whether this was that way prior to surgery or not.  At the one month mark, your surgeon should be able to assess you and see if everything is healing the way it is supposed to or not.  He/She may have had to lower the fold on that side so that the nipples would appear even, otherewise the right nipple may have sat in a different position.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Implant bottoming out 3 weeks after surgery

+1

Your right infra-mammary fold is lower than your left- this is clear evidence that the fold was lowered. The difference in fold height is not going to change or improve. Follow up with your plastic surgeon and ask him/her would the next step should be.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/before_n_after_set_body.php?procedure=breast_augmentation&id=03