Should I Risk a Revision to Get Slightly Larger Breasts?

I am a 26 yr old female 5'3". 121lbs. I just recently underwent a breast aug 350 cc under the muscle at the end of may. Before augmentation I was a small A. I am now a 34c. After surgery I felt that I should have gone bigger. Now that my breasts have dropped i am starting to strongly feel I should have chosen the bigger size. What is the amt of time I have to wait to have a redo? Is it even worth it to go just 25cc bigger? Am I more at risk of complications with a redo?

A 25cc increase is hardly worth the bother

+2

It is impossible to predict how much of a change will satisfy a given individual but a 25cc increase is quite small and  the equivalent of adding about a shot glass of water to each breast. I generally advise my patients that  a minimum of 100cc  be added to provide a noticeable difference and to justify repeating the surgery. Most patients can have a 100cc added and still maintain a natural look but not all. Your surgeon will have to advise you if such an increase is realistic. 

Revisionary surgery of this type does not carry any additional risk over and above the risk inherent in the primary operation. In general, surgery to increase the implant size is easier to recover from then the original operation. I would advise waiting 3 months after the initial surgery before undergoing a revision so as to factor out the element of postoperative swelling.

Should I Risk a Revision to Get Slightly Larger Breasts? Going 25 cc is NOT worth it

+1

Should I Risk a Revision to Get Slightly Larger Breasts? Going 25 cc is NOT worth it amd I would advise you to wait at least 6 months.

Revision breast augmentation

+1

If you are considering goinig larger, you should really give yourself 4-6 months to heal from you previous surgery.

Be careful for what you wish for!

+1

A 25 cc increase will go unnoticed by EVERYONE! Including YOU!  The risks certainly do no out weigh the benefits! Also remember increasing the size so that there is a noticeable difference 100 cc or greater carries it's own risks of a heavier implant stretching the skin and thinning the breast tissue.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Avoid revision breast augmentation for minimal change.

+1

Hi.

1)  A difference of 25 cc's in breast implants is hardly noticeable.

2) I would advise you not to go too big.  Very big implants stretch your tissues and age very poorly.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Revision of Augmentation

+1

You probably should wait a few months to make certain that you wish to change the size of your implants.  If you still feel inclined to do so after waiting, you may want to have an even larger implant, as 25cc is less than 2 tablespoons and is not a significant difference in size.

John Whitt, MD