Breast Aug - Dark Red Marks? (photo)

I am 7 days post op and after taking off the out dressings last night I have noticed dark red/purple marks on my right breast. Are these anything to worry about? I do not know if it will be best to leave them uncovered or to put another dressing on to prevent infection. I do not see my surgeon for another week but should I be using creams on these marks as soon as possible to prevent scarring or are they permanent? It would be useful to know what they are to prevent any more or them getting worse?

Post Operative Red Marks

Thank you for the question and the pictures. Judging from your photos these red marks appear to be bruising. Not uncommon in the early post operative period. For the most part these will go on to resolve without any sequela. Make sure that you are not on any medications or taking supplements that can cause bleeding, such as Motrin, aspirin, vitamin E, etc. or that the bruises or the size of your breast are not becoming larger.

Again, this will most likely resolve on its' own, continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps. Best wishes.