I had breast argumentation done April 18, right side is way higher than left. Do I need more surgery?

My doctor told me it would settle, then prescribed me zafirlukast 20mg said it would help it settle faster. I have just been on them a couple days. I am scared if it does help settle the right side what is it going to do to the side I love? Is it even going to work? I don't want to have lop sided boobs all summer. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I wait and be patient or should I persist on surgery right away?

Helping implants settle

+1
In my practice, if there is asymmetry, we focus on the higher implant and utilized asymmetric bras and massage to help improve symmetry of the upper poles.  If you are not doing any of this, ask your surgeon for his opinion on it as some do not believe in it.  In the end, your surgeon wants the best result for your since it directly reflects upon him.

Breast Augmentation Asymmetry & Zafirlukast

+1
Dear Tiffany,

Thanks for providing your preop photos, as this is very helpful.  You can see preop, your right nipple is higher to start with, and so is your right breast fold.  Just think of your breasts as "sisters, not twins."  Everyone has these differences if you look hard enough.  Although I don't have the advantage of examining you, your implants postop look very even at both the upper pole as well as the lower breast fold on each side.  I would say you look great considering where you started!  If you think you are slightly high on one side, you can use an elastic breast band with the band going over your right side and under your left.  This will help stretch the lower skin of your right breast. 

I have published extensively on the use of zafirlukast in BA.  Be sure you have your liver function tests drawn while on this medication.  It is used to prevent capsular contracture. 

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Don't worry just yet

+1
Although I understand this is concerning, it takes 6 to 12 weeks for the final results to become apparent. Don't start thinking about revising your surgery until the implants have had time to fall into place. If you are still unhappy with your results at that time, consult your doctor about your options. Good luck!

Chad Robbins, MD

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

+1
   TiffanyO,  It is not uncommon to experience minor asymmetry immediately after surgery. This may last several weeks to sometimes over a month. There are many reasons for this, but most of the time they implants settle into a more even position. Be sure to follow up closely with your surgeon and follow their advice. Good luck. #Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry 3 weeks after breast augmentation

+1
It is very common for each breast to adjust to the breast implant differently in the early weeks after breast augmentation.  You will know more in 3 months as to whether you will achieve symmetry or not.  Please revisit your plastic surgeon and express your concerns.  Some surgeons utilize techniques such as breast implant displacement exercises and pole wraps to help encourage the higher side to drop faster.  Please follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

One implant higher

+1
Thank you for your inquiry about your breast augmentation result.

Presumably you have implants placed under the muscle. It is not uncommon to have one ride higher than the other for a number of weeks or months. It is probably related to whether you are right or left handed - but also saline implants ride higher for longer because they are lighter implants.

Talk to your surgeon as to whether you can do pectoral muscle stretches - to relax the muscle. And be patient. Your surgery was only a few weeks ago. Implant settling can take time. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD