1 Year Post-Op Breast Implants I Feel A Pain In Left Breast, Normal?

Is that normal?..I can feel my left side is getting smaller then my right... I can feel the saline. Bag more then my right

Problem With Breast Implant One Year After surgery?

+1

It will be in your best interest to be examined by a board-certified plastic surgeon. Generally it is not normal to have pain with the breast implant one year after surgery. This would suggest the potential for scar tissue/encapsulation/capsular contraction. This may also explain why you feel the breast is becoming smaller ( as the implant is compressed by the surrounding scar tissue).

Your description also may fits with the potential for implant leakage (although this is not generally associated with pain).

Again I think it would  behoove you to be examined by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Saline implant getting smaller

+1

Usually when a leak develops in a saline implant the volume is lost over several days and the size difference is clear. Slow leaks are not common but are possible, so if you think things have changed see your surgeon as implants are under warranty. The saline will be absorbed without harm.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast Implant Deflation

+1

It sounds  like you may well have a partial deflation of one of your saline breast implants. The saline will be absorbed by your body and will not harm you. Contact your plastic surgeon for an exam and if indicated, your implant can be replaced. It will be easy for him or her to make this determination.

Richard Linderman, MD