Can One Breast Be Allergan and Other Be Mentor? Will There Be a Noticeable Difference?

had implants replaced in July 2011, with Allergan, had complications with right implant had to be removed. Now ready for new implant and doctor wants to put in a Mentor inmplant. Will there be a big noticeable difference.....

Different implants in breast augmentation.

+1

I agree with the other surgeons.  I see no reason to have separate implants in each side. For one thing, the warranties will be different in that case.  If you choose to move to Mentor, I would replace both with Mentor.  You should discuss this with your surgeon as to why he is choosing this approach.  Some surgeons only use one of these companies.

Overall, you probably will not see a huge difference if he chooses a similar implant.  The bigger problem is the warranty situation.

Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Using different implant manufacturers for augmentation

+1

I highly recommend that you use the same manufacturer for both implants.  Mentor and Allergan both provide warranties, however one may differ from the other. 

Using Different Breast Implants

+1

It depends on the dimensions of the implants. If the width and projection are similar and they hold the same volume, then the result should be close to normal. However, it may be easier to just replace with an Allergan implant.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Different Implant Companies?

+1

While it may be possible to match the implants from the different companies, I think it would be wise to use implants from the same manufacturer to keep the warranties the same.  Otherwise, in the event that one of your implants leaks, you would end up being able to replace only the one leaking implant instead of both.  Both Allergan and Mentor will replace both implants if one leaks...but only their own implants.  Keep them the same.  Best wishes!

Implants from different companies

+1

I would stick to the same brand in both breasts. It woudl become more of an issue in terms of problems for warranties.

Allergan/Mentor

+1

It seems  unnecessarily complicated to leave a patient with implants from two different manufacturers.  I assume you are going to a different surgeon than the one who placed the implants originally.

I have to agree with one of the other physicians who suggested seeing another surgeon to have two implants by the same manufacturer. 

Things are complicated enough without us making them more complicated.

Thanks for the question. Best of luck.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Implants

+1

Even though using different brand of implant can give you a very similar result there is absolutely no reason to do it.  I actually would go so far to say that if your plastic surgeon is recommending it I would go see a different surgeon.  Doing so would just add a layer of complexity that there is no reason for.  Keep it simple!

Gary Hall,MD

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Mixing breast implants

+1

It is possible to match a Mentor implant to an Allergan implant, and have the breasts look and feel symetrical. We feel is is better to select and stay with one though. The record keeping will be more complicated and the warranty one manufacturer to another could become a problem. Best just stick with Allergan on both sides.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

One Breast Implant Allergan, the other Mentor?

+1

If the implant selected has the same dimensions and is filled identically (same volume) there may be no noticeable difference.

For simplicity sake ( as well as for purposes of breast implant warranty),  you may want to ask your plastic surgeon  if he/she can use the same company ( Allergan).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm