Should I Consider a Breast Reduction at 31 Years Old and Done Having Children?

I have been having lower neck and shoulder pains for the last 3 monthes. I am a 40dd breast size 185 pounds; 5 ft 3inches.

When to consider a breast reduction

+2

If you are bothered by the size, weight or have pain due to your breasts.  Then you should consider a breast reduction.  Obviously every person's situation is different.  So what some people consider to be big breasts other people consider petite.  So it really comes down to the individual.  If you are having shoulder or neck pain. Painful groving of your bra strap. Or think they are just plain to big and heavy, then it is time to see your local board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck, and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Breast Reduction at 31

+1

If you are in good health, you could be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This procedure offers one of the highest in patient satisfaction. If you are looking for insurance coverage, you should be able to qualify but you need to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation and the surgeon and his staff will be able to help you get preauthoriztion.

Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Thank you for the question. Though it is not possible to give you precise device without direct examination, based on your description you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery at some point. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

The ideal situation is for you to  achieve your long-term stable weight prior to surgery -  doing so  will help minimize risks of complications and will give you the best chances of  long-term results you will be happy with.

I would suggest visiting with well experienced, board certified plastic surgeons to get the best advice possible.