How Long Until I Can Lay on My Side After Open Rhinoplasty?

I had an open rhinoplasty two weeks ago. I think the bone was broken. How long do I have to wait before I start sleeping on the side? And my question about lip lifting. I really want to get that done, but I'm not sure about the risks. Is it true that I can have permanent loss of sensation, cause of scarring? (At least that's what my doctor said...

After the first week

+1

Every case is different but in general I tell my patients they can sleep on their side after 7 to 10 days assuming they will be careful not to hit the nose against anything.

Rhinoplasty and sleeping

+1

At two weeks your nose should start to become more solid in a sense.  However, I would probably try to avoid lying on the side of your face for another week or two.

Sleeping

+1

I recommend sleeping ion your back for the first couple of nioghts. Then you need to get some decent rest. Lip shortening procedures will leave a barely visible scar but, should not decrease sensation

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Sleeping two weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

By two weeks your splint is off, and most we see are already out and about. We can't see any reason why you should not be able to sleep on your side after two weeks.

peterejohnsonmd