Can I Get a Brazillian Butt Lift and then a Tummy Tuck Later?

i am 26, 127, 5'5 and as you can see i have a problem from a previous umbilical hernia surgery 6 months after childbirth in 2003 which left me with a scar and no belly button but i dont want to fix the scar and belly button with a tummy tuck and then loose all the fat for a brazillian butt lift because i dont have enough money to do both procedures at the same time. i have been to several consultations. ive been depressed since this happened to me.

Brazilian buttock lift and tummy tuck simultaneously

+1

The best approach based on your height, weight and photos would be to perform the tummy tuck and fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift) at the same time.  The reason for this is that you do not want to lose the fat which can be taken from you abdomen at the time of the tummy tuck. This precious fat will be needed to transfer to your buttock for the buttock augmentation. You should have medical clearance by your primary care physician prior to surgery to determine if you are in good overall health for this type of surgery.

Dr. Bruno

Brazilian Butt Lift Requires Enough Abdominal and Waistline Fat To Be Transferred

+1

A Brazilian butt lift can definitely be done prior to a tummy tuck...but not in reverse. So you have the correct sequence in mind. Fat is removed from the stomach and waistline areas to be transferred into the buttocks. This will create some more loose skin on the abdomen which may encourage you to have a tummy tuck later. Once a tummy tuck is done, this valuable reserve of fat is largely gone.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Brazilian Butt lift and Tummy Tuck

+1

The short answer to your question is that you can have a Brazilian butt lift followed by Tummy tuck later in life. As you may know, during Brazilian butt lift, fat cells are gently harvested from areas of the body with excess fat and transferred to the buttocks. My goal during buttock enhancement with fat graft is to create a youthful, fuller and lifted buttocks without implants. Staging these procedures may be safer for you.

It sound like your hernia has been fixed. The scarring and belly button issue can be safely addressed during Tummy tuck. Make sure you see a Cosmetic surgeon who is a board certified Plastic surgeon.

Good Luck

Stanley Okoro, MD

Braziliab Butt lift

+1

A consult by a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY), AND a thorough physical examination is needed. Need to know the situation with the abdomen, scars, fat and so on to make a good judgement. Evaluate the fat in the flanks, back  and other sources.

Other options available and described  is Dermis fat graft from abdomen to buttocks, thus you get the tummy tuck and Butt enhancement at the same time.

Augmentation Gluteoplasty With Dermal-Fat Autografting From the Lower Abdomen
Cassio Eduardo Raposo do Amaral, MD,
Curtis L. Cetrulo Jr, MD,
Carlos Leonardo Costa Pereira, MD,
Marcelo de Campos Guidi, MD and
Cassio Menezez Raposo do Amaral, MD
Curtis L. Cetrulo, MD, 1226 Masonic Avenue, Apt. 1A, San Francisco, CA 94117.
Abstract
Background Although the use of dermal-fat grafts (adipose tissue grafted with the inclusion of dermis) is an established technique in plastic surgery, to our knowledge, the technique has not been utilized in the gluteal region.

Objective The authors examined the use of dermal-fat grafts taken from the lower abdomen for gluteal augmentation.

Methods A novel surgical instrument, composed of a cannula and “crochet-hook”-like thread-puller, was developed especially for introduction of dermal-fat grafts. In each patient, 2 triangular, full-thickness dermal-fat autografts were harvested from the lower abdomen, deepithelialized, tubed, and introduced into the gluteal region through an intergluteal incision.

Results Both patients in this report achieved good buttock projection and contouring at 6 months postoperatively.

Conclusions Early results suggest that dermal-fat autografts represent an effective option for augmentation gluteoplasty. The technique is particularly appropriate for patients undergoing concomitant abdominoplasty.

+1

Can I Get a Brazillian Butt Lift and then a Tummy Tuck Later? I thik this sounds like a very reasonable approach and one that I recommend to my patients who prefer a one stage procedure.

Best way to Seguence / stage A Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck with Belly Button creation?

+1

Regarding: "Can I Get a Brazillian Butt Lift and then a Tummy Tuck Later?
i am 26, 127, 5'5 and as you can see i have a problem from a previous umbilical hernia surgery 6 months after childbirth in 2003 which left me with a scar and no belly button but i dont want to fix the scar and belly button with a tummy tuck and then loose all the fat for a brazillian butt lift because i dont have enough money to do both procedures at the same time. i have been to several consultations. ive been depressed since this happened to me
."

Your history of a potentially failed umbilical repair needs to be worked up to avoid having your hernia being punctured by the liposuction tubes. A physical examination and possible CT scan to make sure that abdominal contents are not present over the tummy muscles would be very helpful.

Otherwise, thee is NO reason why you cannot have liposuction with fat transfer to the buttocks - Brazilian Butt Lift first and once you are healed, sometime in the future have a Tummy Tuck WITH creation of a new belly button. That would be the safest way to proceed.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea