Brazillian Butt Lift for Thin Girl- Will It Work?

I'm not looking for a huge or even big butt. I'm 21% fat 5ft3in. I don't have much extra fat but I really don't want implants I can't really gain weight. I do have a little belly and fat on my upper arms and back. I just need a little volume and to be more symmetrical. After my knee surgery 2 years I can't get the volume back. I'm looking for just literally a little volume. Will it work for someone like me?

The Brazilian Butt Lift Technique

+2

Hi there-

Without examining you, it would be impossible to say whether or not you are a candidate. 

I can tell you that we have many smaller patients who have achieved lovely outcomes (you can see some of them below).

Your best bet is to find a surgeon with lots of experience and skill in this technique (we are not all the same). Be sure they are Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and that they can show you MANY lovely photos of their own work (also be careful that the photos you look at weren't taken in the OR!).

Brazilian Butt Lift in Thin Patients

+1
This is a great question as both the Brazilian Butt Lift and the butt implants are good procedures that each have their place. Often patients are surprised that they have enough fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift and if not there are other options. Lets discuss the difference between the two, but ultimately you need to see your board certified plastic surgeon to help guide you to which procedure is best for you!

Brazilian butt lift (fat transfer to the buttock) is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs. This is an amazing procedure because it allows your surgeon to tailor your results to your individual needs and desires!

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape.

If a patient has a BMI less than 22 they typically will not have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. In these patients buttock implants are a good option for our thin patients. The implant can give patients a full, enhanced appearance.

Some patients have both the fat transfer and implants as this helps improve the overall shape and give them more augmentation than would be possible with either procedure alone.

I would recommend that you have your surgery done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Johnny Franco, MD

+1

The amount of volume a surgeon can put in your buttocks is directly proportional to the amount he/she can remove from other areas of your body. As long as you are not a smoker it should work. To dertermine how much volume you have to transfer you need to meet with a surgeon who is experienced with the technique.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Brazilian Buttock lift

+1

The fat removed can be cleaned and transferred to the buttocks. There is enough fat even in petit people . Also brazilian Butt enhancement is more than just fat transfer, it is liposuction of key areas around the buttocks to shape the buttock area.

Enough Fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

A Brazilian Butt Lift does require more fat than other procedures to get a good result. The only was to be sure is to see an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS