If I Get a Brazillian Butt Lift and then the Lap Band, Will I Loose the Fat Transfered to my Buttocks?

I want to get a brazillian butt lift but want to get the lap band afterwards, then a final tummy tuck is this feasible and will I lose the fat transfer to my buttocks? I am 5 ft 8 in and weigh 235 pounds but most of the fat is in my stomach area and back, I carry the weight well and had four children.

+2

Thank you for your question, I would medically advice you to get the Lap Band first, For you to get better results later on with the Tummy Tuck and the Brazilian butt Lift which can be done at the same time.
If you decide to get the Brazilian Butt Lift first, your results will not be as expected, you will not have a completely flat stomach since you do need a Tummy Tuck and having the Lap Band after the Brazilian Butt Lift will only lead you to loose the fat from the Brazilian Butt Lift.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfers fluctuate with your weight

+2

If you have the BBL (Brazilian butt lift) now, then lose a significant amount of weight - via diet, exercise, or lap band - then the transferred fat will get smaller too. You may want to consider getting close to your target weight first, then having the BBL second.

Thomas Fiala, MD

If I Get a Brazillian Butt Lift and then the Lap Band, Will I Loose the Fat Transferred to my Buttocks?

+2

I would recommend weight loss of 40 lbs or so and then have the Brazilian buttlift.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BBL and then lap band

+1

Yes, if you get a lap band after fat injection, then it is likely that some of the fat that was injected will disappear.

+1

Hi socialsarah. The Lap Band procedure should not affect the fat transferred to your buttocks, but this is definitely a question for thedoctor who will be performing the lap band. Be sure to consult with both doctors before any procedures to determine the best plan for you.

Regards,

Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

Loss of Weight results in loss of fat transfer volume

+1

Fat transferred in a Brazilian Butt lift will behave like the donor site fat. Therefore if you have a Lap Band resulting in weight loss you will also lose volume in the fat transferred region.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS