Fat Transfer Done One Week Ago - Buttock is Wider and Flatter Than

I had dents in each butt cheek that I wanted to fix, but they are coming back and now I just have a lot of fat on the top and dents in the middle! So now I just have a big, wide, flat butt it seems. My spouse is trying to reassure me that the fat will drop and it will get better. Since the dents are forming again it seems the fat did survive there! Should I have went with buttock implants instead?

Dents

+1
Thank you for your question but it is really too early to evaluate your results so I would try to be patient.  That said if the fat did not take there is nothing from stopping you from repeating the procedure as generally that area has a high take of the fat transferred.  Obviously at this point in time I would not rush into doing anything.

Dr. Corbin

Brea Plastic Surgeon

Fat injections in the buttocks

+1

Unfortunately, even if the depression and elevations you see are real, there is nothing that can be done now. You need to heal.  It is possible, that the early healing and swelling is disguising your real result and you will be happier in several weeks to a few months.  You should see your surgeon for reassurance, but give it time. If there is no improvement after a few months then a separate procedure might be indicated.

Ronald Shelton, MD

A Flat, Wide Buttocks

+1

I have seen this a few times in women who have VERY tight skin and dimples (cellulite) of the lower buttocks. It is very hard to get this skin to stretch. I have tried sever different surgical techniques, sometimes effective, sometimes not. Butt Implants are usually effective if you are one of the lucky ones that does not get an infection. In saying they are effective, I should clarify, that they may be effective in providing projection in this circumstance, but that doesn't cure the tight appearance or dimpling, nor does that mean that they will look of feel natural. Butt implants are rarely a good first choice.     Your husband is correct though.  You need to wait at least 3 months to see how everything settles in. 

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Fat Transfer to Buttocks Works.

+1

When a patient has surgery the patients obligation and contract is to listen to the surgeon,  doas you are told to do,  and be patient.   Looking and analyzing at one week is sheer nonesense.  Go visit you surgeon.   You wiill  be fine.  Think of something better to do than look in the mirror at your buttocks.  Wait till you are 3 months for that.  Listen to your husband.   Buttocks implants are possibly the least predictable and most problematic operation in all of elective plastic surgery.  The reason so few surgeons do them is because they almost NEVER work.    Good luck and close down the mirrors.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon