Would Having the Brazilian Buttlift Be Too Risky if You Have High Blood Pressure?

I have done a lot of research on the procedure and I'm also aware of the complications and some deaths that have been associated with it. I'm not comfortable in my skin, I hate to undress in front of myself. Please give me your honest advice. My health conditions are: high blood pressure,hypothyroidism and my heart is slightly enlarged. I have attached a pic, although I want a butt lift...having lipo is most important.

Brazilian Butt lift

+2

Brazilian butt lift is a safe operation as long as your medical condition is stable and controlled. It is safe for people with high blood pressure to undergo cosmetic operation such as butt lift as long as their blood pressure is controlled. Your other medical conditions needs to be evaluated and you may need to see a cardiologist for your enlarged heart. If your heart is functioning well, you should be able to under the procedure. 

After your medical evaluation, make an appointment to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Medical Clearance From Your Physician Is Important Before Having Plastic Surgery

+2

The Brazilian Butt Lift aside, it is extremely important that you have a medical work-up and clearance from your physicians before undergoing any type of invasive plastic surgery. There are many patients who have similar medical issues, and even more, that go through plastic surgery without any problems. But their medical problems have been assessed and are under good control by their medical doctors. Let your doctors know you are considering plastic surgery and they will do en evaluation and any laboratory studies that they deem appropriate to make sure that your medical risks for surgery are minimized.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Big heart bug buttock?

+1

Truthfully, the large heart may be the biggest indicator of a problem in your candidacy for any surgery.  The only reason to even consider getting a formal evaluation by a cardiologist with a stess test is because you are so uncomfortable with yourself.  No matter what, nobody can tell you with certainty that nothing can go wrong.  We can't even do that for the healthiest patients.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Preparation For your Brazilian Buttock Procedure

+1

Before any elective surgical procedure, I would recommend a formal medical evaluation, also known as medicine or cardiac clearance.  I am most concerned about your history of an enlarged heart.   Once your medical issues have been thoroughly evaluated and controlled, you should be safe or cleared to proceed with your elective cosmetic procedure

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt lift and hypertension

+1

Prior to undergoing your surgical procedure, because the blood pressure may pose additional health risks, you may want to consult with your primary care physician or cardiologist. Generally speking this should be capable of being controlled with medication and pose little risk.

Elective surgery with chronic medical conditions

+1

If your blood pressure, and other issues are well controlled, it should be safe to undergo surgery.

That being said, anyone with medical conditions should get a clearance from their primary physician before undergoing elective surgery.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift and Chronic Medical Issues

+1

Dear Kena,

First things first your medical issues must be clearly defined and the stability of these conditions verified with your primary care physician.  The issue that is most concerning is your "slightly" enlarged heart.  There needs to more clarification such a medical diagnosis and cause.  Additionally is your hear able to withstand the stress of anesthesia and surgery.  Well controlled hypertension and hypothyroidism pose minimal surgical risks.  When you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon these issues should thoroughly discussed.  Determination of your suitability for surgery hinges significantly on these medical issues in my opinion.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Brazillian butt lift

+1

If you are young and your blood pressure is under control, then it should be OK.  Be sure to have a pre-operative visit to your heart doctor and your primary care physician for clearance before any surgery.

Shahin Javaheri, MD