Butt Looks Too High After Brazilian Butt Lift

I just had a Brazilian Butt Lift five days ago, and am worried that the fat that was added too high up. Is my garment causing it to look this way? It does seem to look natural. Will this drop and look natural? Should I wait to see my doctor in five days from now or go see him ASAP? I'm going on vacation at the end of May and wondering, will I heal enough to be in a bikini by then? Thanks.

WAY too early to be worried- especially with this procedure...

+12

Hi there-

5 days postop is too early to be concerned about your outcome with any procedure, but especially with any fat grafting procedure such as a Brazilian Butt Lift.

I do this procedure frequently, and would be surprised if most of my patients did not feel their butt was too large and high at first- this is because we intentionally place a large amount of fat (more than we need to achieve the patient's goals) with the understanding that some portion of the fat placed is going to be absorbed by the body (the amount absorbed depends a lot on the surgeon's technique and experience). Additionally, there is the expected postop swelling that you are also undoubtedly experiencing.

So, you should expect some of the volume to be lost over the next month or two and the shape to evolve as this occurs.

Stay cool- I bet you end up loving your new bottom!

High buttock

+3

I used to run into this in muy earlier experience with this technique.  Often when I saw it (in my hands) it was due to inadequate suction of the upper areas of the buttock.  It is far too early for you to know if that is the problem.  I never injected too high up there but with you in the prone position it is certianly possible.  Unfortunately for your trip, this may still be around - ask your board certified plastic surgeon if there is anything he can do...fortunately, too much fat is easy to resolve. 

Best Wishes,

DoctorMeade

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Buttock to high after Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

It is normal for the buttock to appear high soon after surgery.  This is because of swelling and muscle spasm.  The buttock will appear more normal after 6-12 weeks.  You have to be patient.

Dennis Dass, MD

Post-operative swelling

+2

It is not fair to judge the outcome of this procedure only a few days post-operatively. Results will vary after the swelling goes down and the affected area heals. After 6 -8 weeks you will be able to see a better view of what your results are. Typically, right after surgery, a patient is either concerned that their butt is too big, or not big enough. Luckily for you, you will hopefully get your desired results after the swelling calms down.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Normal for butt to look fuller early after the Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Early after the Brazilian Buttocks lift, my patients all have a buttocks that is larger and fuller than it well be in 2-3 months. Most wish it would stay that way, but there is always a component of swelling that will go away. So, some of this fullness up high is most likely swelling, some of it is fat that will get reabsorbed, and some of it is fat that will settle somewhat with gravity over the next few months. So, just be patient, it will get better.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian butt lift

+2

You are way too early in the postoperative period to comment on how the butt lift will shape.  There is too much swelling that can affect your result right now, so sit tight.  It takes months before you are able to determine the final shape of the brazilian butt lift.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Brazillian butt lift

+1

Too soon following surgery to worry.  The process of swelling takes time.  After 2-3 weeks, you will have a much better idea.  I ask my patients not sit on the buttocks for at least 3 weeks. 

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery

+1

Thanks for the question -

We perform many of these operations in our San Francisco area practice. 

The healing process takes time.  In the first two weeks there is a substantial amount of swelling both in the area of fat transfer (your buttocks) and the areas that were liposuctioned (most commonly at least your abdomen and flanks).

We counsel our patients to start seeing substantial results at about 4 weeks with the final shape at about 4-6 months.

Good luck on your new look!  Our patients love this procedure.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Swelling could be making Brazilian Butt Lift result look high

+1

This could be swelling, on the other hand it could be where the fat was placed.

In any case you need to wait for at least 12 weeks. if the problem persists, discuss your options with your PS. You do have many options to correct the problem.