Brazilian Butt with Thigh Lift or Lower Body Lift? (photo)

In 2004 I had gastric bypass and lost 180 over 2yrs. I have managed to keep the weight off and in August 2012 I had a bbl & TT. I want to have my rear end and my thighs done but I am confused about which procedure would give me the result. I want a natural look. Should I have the Brazilian butt lift or lower body lift?

Brazilian Butt Lift with Thigh Lift

+2

From your picture, it seems as though you would need a lateral body lift which should include liposuction of the thighs.  This would lift the buttocks as well as the lateral, posterior, and part of the anterior thighs.  When the buttocks are lifted, I generally use the excess skin and fat of the lower back as the patient's own biological implant to augment the buttocks, because very often the lift will tend to flatten the buttocks.  This is often combined with an abdominoplasty, and some people call the combination a lower body lift.  Regardless of what it is called, you just need to be clear about what is being done at surgery.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

There are two issues: volume and laxity

+2

Thank you for the question and photo.  A Brazilian buttock lift takes fat from areas where you have excess and places it in the buttock area to improve volume and shape.  A lower body lift removes excess skin and soft tissue from the waist in a circumferential fashion which tightens the abdomen and lifts the thighs and buttocks.  Depending on what you would like to accomplish you may be a candidate for both.  I would prioritize you goals in terms of buttocks and body shape and discuss these with your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Body Lift

+1

A common first line of attack for patients who have lost weight is a body lift procedure.  Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).    A physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt with Thigh Lift or Lower Body Lift?

+1

From the picture, I think I would offer you a Brazilian buttlift with a modified thigh lift.  The Brazilian buttlift will give you more volume in the buttocks and will improve the dimpling.  The excess skin of the thighs can be taken care of with a thigh lift.  A physical exam will be necessary to determine the extent of the thigh lift and whether it would be better to perform several surgeries in a staged fashion.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of Brazilian buttlifts and body contouring procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA