Interested in brazilian butt lift, afraid of liposuction burns

Why do burns during liposuction happen ? Whose fault is this. ? How can it be prevented ? I am planing of doing bbl but afraid of lipo burns ?

+1
Thank you for your question .
This should not happen if you choose the right board certified surgeon.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Liposuction burns and BBl

+1
I use tradtiional or PAL lipo for the most part and have never seen a burn using either technique. So I would say using these technqiues it would be pretty rare.

BBL

+1
The only way to do a BBL properly with good fat retention and survival is the old fashioned way with minimal trauma and not using the laser or other lipo systems. There are no burns with this method

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Liposuction burns

+1
Liposuction burns are exceedingly rare events and in my opinion avoidable in most instances if proper technique is used, as well as protective mechanisms to decrease the chances of the same.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

+1
     If conventional liposuction with tumescent solution is performed, the risk for burns is almost nonexistent.   Whenever heat sources are used, burns are far more common.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Burns?

+1
There should be none with the type of lipo needed to get the fat. No matter what kind of lipo is done there should not be burns if done by a qualified doctor.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

+1
Liposuction burns are very rare. They happen because of operator errors. With traditional liposuction one can create a friction burn if the skin is not protected. You might have heard of burns from laser liposuction, but this modality is not used to collect fat for grafting. The laser heat kills the fat cells. I personally use the VASER technique and always use skin port protectors to avoid skin friction burns or burns from the VASER probe. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation and discuss your concerns. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Brazilian Butt Lift is a great procedure where fat is harvested from one area of your body and transferred to another area - specifically your buttocks - to enhance the size and shape.  When doing the liposuction portion for this procedure to collect the fat, no head or laser is used, so there is no risk of "burns."  I think what you may be referring to is risk of burns with laser liposuction.  In this procedure this risk is very small and should not happy when all precautions are taken to ensure patient safety.  It is best to schedule a consultation so the procedures can be discussed with you in detail and so you can evaluate your options.

Good Luck.  

David Shafer, MD