Effect of Weight Loss on Brazilian Butt Lift Results?

I want a full and round butt. I'm in the process of getting a Brazilian Butt Lift. I'm about 5'8" 190 lbs, and want to maintain my weight so the surgeon has enough fat for the look I want (knowing that the fat will be filtered and not all will be used, in addition, applying 30% more than desired effect considering 30% re-uptake of fat post surgery).

My target weight post-surgery is around the 160 lb area. I want to know what effect will jogging and aerobics have on my results? Will weight loss be consistent and uniform throughout both glutes? Will I lose the all of the fat transplanted? Will the exercise not affect the area at all and I slim down and have a huge butt? Will the weight loss leave my body proportionate or should I work out now?

Effect of Weight Change on Brazilian Butt Lift results

+2

Hi there-

In a Brazilian Butt Lift, fat is re-distributed from areas it is in excess, to the buttocks, in order to achieve a more pleasing contour in the silhouette as a whole, and an augmentation of the buttocks.

Because it takes time for the new fat in the buttocks to develop a blood supply, it is important to not sit on it for the first month... After that point, sitting will not have an adverse effect on your outcome.

Because the idea behind the operation is to re-shape the body by re-distributing fat, and because this operation is very successful at doing this, changes in your weight usually will NOT significantly change the new relationships established at surgery. In other words, once we achieve the butt-to-body ratio you want, this relationship should stay constant whether you gain or lose weight. There is no reason to believe that if you gain weight it would disproportionally occur in your butt (or in any other place), or that if you lose weight the buttock volume would completely go away in isolation.

I hope that helps!

Weight Loss After Brazilian Butt Lift - What may happen

+1

In general  it is best to be at your stable long term weight to reduce the probability for revision surgery. It makes little or no sense to loose or gain weight for a surgical procedure including Brazilian Butt Lift unless you can maintain that weight for many years.

The reason for this is that the fat cells tend to remember it origin and behave that way. In other words when you lose weight you will also shrink the size of the fat cells transferred to your buttocks and conversely when you gain weight you will gain it also in the area it was transferred to.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift results and Weight Loss

+1

A Brazilian Butt Lift refers to careful analysis and sculpting of the shape surrounding the buttocks combined with fat transfer to the buttock itself to enhance its volume and shape. 

I would expect fat transferred to the buttocks (I place this fat throughout the gluteus muscles and within the fat layer below the buttock skin) to respond to weight changes the same as it did before being transferred. In other words, yes, this transferred fat is living fat tissue in its new location and will increase and decrease in volume with weight changes.

Small weight changes are likely insignificant, but large weight changes (greater than 5-10% of your body weight) may start to be noticeable.

Hope this helps.

Nick Slenkovich, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon