Brazilian Butt Lift - Should I Lose Weight First?

I am from Europe and there are no doctors in my country that do this procedure so I want to come to the USA to have it done. I have a tiny butt and all my fat goes on my mid section. I am now 194 pounds and 5foot4, should I loose the weight before I have the operation or should I have the operation first and then loose the weight?? My goal weight is 150 pounds so I am 44 pounds away from that now, but I want a big beautiful butt:) Please see my pic and let me know what you think. thx :)

Should I lose excess weright before having a Brazilian Butt Lift

+6

Regarding: "Brazilian Butt Lift - Should I Lose Weight First?
I am from Europe and there are no doctors in my country that do this procedure so I want to come to the USA to have it done. I have a tiny butt and all my fat goes on my mid section. I am now 194 pounds and 5foot4, should I loose the weight before I have the operation or should I have the operation first and then loose the weight?? My goal weight is 150 pounds so I am 44 pounds away from that now, but I want a big beautiful butt:) Please see my pic and let me know what you think. thx
:)"

Two comments.

As a rule, it is best to operate on a stable, immobile structure. It makes no sense to operate on a woman who will gain weight or become pregnant nor on one who will continue to lose weight after the operation, leading to hanging skin. I would advise you to achieve the weight that is bet for you and stay there for 6 months before having any body contouring Cosmetic Surgery. That would get you vastly superior results.

On the topic of Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lifting. In the US, many states restrict the amount of fat removed per outpatient procedures to 5 liters. This translates to just over 10 pounds. As a result, your excess 40 pounds cannot be treated with liposuction.  If you had a Brazilian Butt lift now and proceeded to lose weight, weight would be lost from ALL fat cells including the ones transferred to your bottom, resulting in potential visible deflation. More of a reason to do the operation when you are at your stable weight.

Finally, I completely disagree that you have a small buttock. What you do have is a lot of fat in the lower back, hips and the space between the upper buttocks which literally burries and covers the upper buttocks making them invisible and misleadingly flat. Differential / Hi Def Liposuction of this area would give you narrower waist and very defined and attractive buttocks without the need for their augmentation with fat transfer. You can have this operation now since further weight loss will NOT undo liposuction of the lower back and hips. IF you feel that you need MORE volume after all (not likely in my opinion), then you could still have a Brazilian Butt Lift / Fat transfer to the buttocks from the tummy fat.

Please, review the comprehensive link on my website on Buttock Enhancement, click below -

Dr. Peter Aldea

Weight loss before of after Brazilian Butt Lift.....?

+2

I would agree with losing about 20-30 lbs prior to surgery. This will leave enough fat to be transferred to your buttocks as well as get you to a more healthy weight. If you have the procedure performed first, then lose that much weight, your buttocks will definitely shrink significantly. If you lose 20-30 lbs first, that will put you closer to your goal weight, but still leave enough fat to transfer to your buttocks. The only difference may be where you will need liposuction to get the fat. Currently, I would recommend lipo around your waist line to provide enough fat. If you lose the weight, we'll have to see where we need to go to get the fat.

Web reference: http://www.danielmarkmannmd.com/category/buttocks-augmentation-fat-grafting/

"Coming to America!"

+2

Based on the picture I believe that you are a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift.  I would not recommend losing weight before the procedure.  Remember, that a certain amount of fat needs to be available for the procedure. Find an experienced board certified Plastic Surgeon to evaluate you and go over the pros and cons of the procedure.

Dr. ES

Brazilian Butt Lift and weight loss

+2

Based on this one photo and your goals for a fuller buttocks, I would recommend having the procedure done first so that we can utilize the fat you have, and then after your healing has completed you can get back into the gym and lose the rest of the weight.  My concern is that if you lose to much weight now, you will not have enough fat remaining for the procedure.  You skin quality also looks quite good so I think you will be a really good candidate for the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com

Don't lose all your extra fat--we'll need it for your Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

I think if you lose 10-15 pounds, you'd be fine to have your procedure done.  Remember that we have to be able to harvest a good amount of fat from elsewhere on your body, so we can build larger buttocks for you.  You need to have some extra fat for us to do that!

Stable Weight best for Brazilian Butt Lit

+1

Should I lose Weight Before Brazilian Butt Lift ?

A physical exam and review of your medical history is important to answer your specific question. In general however it is best to be at your stable long term weight to reduce the probability for revision surgery. It makes little or no sense to loose or gain weight for a surgical procedure unless you can maintain that weight for many years.
The reason for this is that the fat cells tend to remember it origin and behave that way. In other words when you lose weight you will also shrink the size of the fat cells transferred to your buttocks

Losing weight before or after Brazilian Weight Loss

+1

While I agree that you would have nice results with the fat your currently have, I am concerned that you may lose the augmentation you have achieved byu the weight loss. Forty four pounds is ALOT of weight to lose and if you are serious about that, I would lose that weight first and reassess. You may need a tummy tuck rather than liposuction at that point. This could become an alternative donor site.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/brazilian-butt-lift/