Brazilian Butt Lift 1 Week Ago - Why Are my Hips Still Square?

i had a brazilian butt lift and liposculpture a week ago and i had square shaped hips which the docter told me he would lipo the bulges out to give it the upside down heart shape but i still have the same square shape and its kinda uneven now. I want to know why my hips are still square and will this go away with time?

Hip Shaping During Brazilian Buttock LIft

+3

While it is too early to judge your final shape, it may be that your surgeon did not place the fat in the proper location. Hip augmentation and shaping should be fairly evident even this early. You should see a change in your sillhouette as you look directly from the front in the mirror and from the back.  The dips in the lateral or side buttock area are common in everyone and will look better even this early in most cases if your surgeon liposuctioned the hill (muffin top) above the depression and saddlebag below (if you had that). The depression should then be filled with fat in addition to the central buttock or wehereve else you needed it.

In as soon as 2-3 weeks you should start seeing your shape unfold more clearly.

Buttock shaping with fat transfer is truly a sculpting procedure and the vision of your surgeon to see your final results in his mind, your soft tissue and skin quality, and bony anatomy all will determine how optimal the results will be.

Good luck and let us know an update in 3 weeks.!

To Early to Tell

+1

Your waist may still have a good bit of edema.  It takes several months for the areas of liposuction to reach their final contour.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Brazillian butt lift

+1

Still too soon following surgery, but you should have some idea by now.  An important question is how much fat was transferred?  I typically place more than 500 cc per side (more if I can).

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Swelling after Brazilian Butt Lift.

+1

Swelling may last for as long as six weeks so it is still early to see the final results. 

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+1

You are very early after surgery, there is still significant swelling and you can not judge the results yet.

Brazilian butt enhancement is not only a fat transfer to the buttocks. it involves reshaping the back, flanks, lateral thighs and illiac crest areas to achieve a sculpted body and enhancement of the buttocks.

Patience

+1

It is still too early to determine the final result of your procedure.  Bruising and swelling will affect what you are seeing.  Make sure you are wearing your compression garments if your surgeon recommended them.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift Results Take To Time To See

+1

Liposuction around the buttock area and fat injections into the buttocks is a traumatic procedure. Swelling and bruising is to be expected and the buttocks and surrounding treated areas will look distorted for some time after surgery. You need to wait at least 4 to 6 weeks after surgery before you begin to do a critical assessment. One week after this kind of surgery is simply to early to make any conclusions about what the final hip and buttock shape will be.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD