Warnings Before Having a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Im 21 years old and very petite. I have little stubborn fat around my stomach and on the sides of my waist. I am interested in having the Brazilian Butt Lift to sculpt and shape my butt to look a little bigger and rounder. Do you have any suggestions or warnings on maybe why I shouldn't go through with this? Thank you.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Best candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Before having a Brazilian Butt lift, there are several things to keep in mind. This is a combination surgery that begins with thorough liposuction to the abdomen, hips, lower back, and waist. The fat that is harvested is a clean and processed and strategically grafted to the butt. For a successful surgery, the initial visits with the plastic surgeon are essential. Be sure they find a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in this surgery. This is one procedure in plastic surgery that is extremely surgeon and technique dependent. In our practice, we always use digital software to morph the photographs of the patient so that they can get an idea of the results that they may achieve. This also serves as a very important communication tool as it allows us to understand exactly what the patient has in mind and to tell them if their goal is realistic. After a Brazilian Butt lift, anticipate any recovery that is not much more painful than the liposuction and as in the liposuction is incredibly important to wary compressive garment at all times.

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below:

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/butt_augmentation_lift.htm

Am I a candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+3

Hi there-

How much fat is available is not necessarily as important as the change in proportion that would result from its redistribution.

In other words, even if you do not have a lot of fat available, if you are a small person and a small amount of fat would be all that is necessary to produce a significant change in the shape and size of your buttock, then you may still be a great candidate. Think of it the way you would breast implants- If you are a small person, a small implant would produce a much bigger change in breast size than it would in a larger person, right?

On the other hand, if you don't have enough fat (and the only way to be sure is to visit with a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a lot of experience doing Brazilian Butt Lifts), you would be better off trying to gain some weight before having the surgery. You can lose the weight again after you get the new butt you want, knowing that the new shape and curve will stay even as the weight comes off.

I hope that helps you- let me know if you have more questions!

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

If you are petite then you may not be the ideal candidate and you may not have enough fat to transfer to your gluteal region.

You do need a fair amount of fat to have lipo'd and then transfered to the buttocks.

So I would suggest that you see a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you to see if you are a good candidate.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/

Brazilian Butt Lift -- Am I a Candidate if I am Petite?

+1
The Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) is a procedure that utilizes Liposuction and Fat Transfer to provide an enhanced appearance of the trunk, waistline, and buttocks. 

There are two keys with the Liposuction component of the procedure: The first is that there be enough fat available to harvest to fill the needs required in enhancing the buttock shape with fat. The second (and often equally important component) is lipo-contouring of the "frame" around the buttock, specifically in creating a narrowed and more appealing waistline and a more inward-curved lower back.

For the Fat Transfer component, depending on goals and body-type, the amount of fat needed for transfer varies. 

So, in a petite patient, the answer is "it depends." I have had excellent results in patients with BBL and no implants. I recommend that you seek a consultation from an experienced plastic surgeon. BBL alone may be a great option or alternatively an implant alone or combined with BBL techniques may an option.

Hope this helps.

Nick Slenkovich, MD FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.ColoradoPlasticSurgery.com/brazilian-butt-lift

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.