Brazilian Butt Lift Vs. Butt Implants - Which is Better for Hips?

I am thinking of getting a Brazilian butt lift. I am 19 years old now & I have no hips at all, in fact my hips seem to sink in. I am 33" in the hips. I would love my measurements to be 34-24-37, right now I'm 34-26-33. My butt does not sag, it's perky. I have a lot of cheek but no hips. How should I go about this? Would implants be better?

Buttock and hip reshaping through fat transfer -Brazilian Buttock Lift

+8

This is a great question! You are requesting  more of a reshaping of your buttocks and hips than simply larger buttocks. Buttock augmentation with implants will not achieve your goals as it will only increase the projection of your buttocks and not address you main concern which is lack of hips. The depression you are describing is frequently seen over the hip joint which lies between the waist line and the outer thigh. To correct this, I  would recommend augmentation of the buttock and hips by fat  transfer (Brazilian Buttock Lift). The Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes your own fat to augment and lift. The entire region can be sculpted using a combination of liposuction and fat augmentation.  The procedure is as much a reshaping of an entire region as it is an augmentation. The amount of fat transferred depends on your goals, available fat, and size of your buttocks, and in my practice ranges from 250 to 1250 cc per side. Your desired goal can almost certainly be accomplished in one treatment session. I spend a great deal of time with my patients prior to the procedure to ensure that I achieve their goals, as the desired buttock shape depends greatly on ethnic and cultural standards of perceived beauty. This procedure, more than any other, has reinforced my belief that communication and listening to my patients is the key to a successful outcome.

I recommend a consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the available treatment options.

Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Caution with Buttock Implants

+6

Buttock implants for buttock enhancement are not optimal for buttock shaping because eventually many people want or need the implants to be removed. This is OK in the breast because they can be replaced or the breast can be lifted.

With the buttocks, the buttock tissue will sag after it has been stretched out from implants and there are no lifts available that can hide scars like the breasts.

Many patients say they feel uncomfortable because of teh firmness and whenever they sit down they feel something foreign in their buttock tissue, like they are sitting on two heavy wallets.

The best technique is to tranfer fat grafts to the buttocks and to suction the surrouding areas for a beautiful overall imprved body shape and curves. Fat , when injected properly can be long lasting, soft and natural feeling and looking.

Fat is best in this case!

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Buttock Augmentation

+3

It sounds as if you do not really need a buttock augmentation.  A photo at this stage will be very helpful.  Fat transfer may potentially be possible to the hips, but it depends on where the depressions are. 

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Body contouring with fat grafting is your answer

+3

Hipless,

Based on your description, a body contouring procedure utilizing liposuction to "harvest" fat from unwanted areas and place it into areas of the body for the purposes of enhancement falls under the category of "fat grafting" This procedure uses a patient's own fat to contour the body and improve aesthetics. In general, this is a far better procedure for body and buttocks contouring than the use of implants. Find a surgeon who is familiar with this technique and can demonstrate results through before and after photos that will give you the confidence to proceed.

Good luck.

Dr. Sean Simon

Sean A. Simon, MD

Butt Augmentation

+2

I personally recommend the Brazilian butt lift for most patients, because it Gives the Doctor the freedom to sculpt the beautiful buttocks you want and integrate it to your hips and body figure. As Oppose to implants that are just placed and already have a determined shape, and it doesn't improve the hip area, which in many cases isn't the natural look that the patients want. I personally like to distribute the fat uniformly into buttocks and hips, therefore with a good distribution of fat in between buttocks and hips I have around 30% absorption  
Another advantage to the Brazilian Butt lift, is that since its your own fat that is taken mostly from the abdomen area and lower back improves the lower back curve enhancing your buttocks shape, and there's no chance of your body rejecting it because is your own tissue.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian buttock lift

+2

You don't sound like buttock augmentation is the problem at all. Your measurements sound like your waist isn't vey helpful to make your hips shapely.

Buttock implants will only make your buttock larger. I dont think that's what you'd benefit from but if you have fatty tissue, you can ask your plastic surgeon to harvest it and then improve the shapeliness in the areas that you're most concerned with.

Consult your board certified plastic surgeon for further details,

Best Wishes.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Brazilian butt lift vs Butt implants- Your own fat is best

+2

We have done over a hundred Brazilian Butt lifts-No re-dos as of yet.

The technique is safe and reliable. If a surgeon is telling you you might have to have a touch up, he's telling you he doesn't think a lot of his fat graft is going to survive. There are definite techniques that work, read about them in the blogpost link below and watch the video

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift as a tool to contour your shape

+2

Thanks for the question.

The term "brazilian butt lift" is just a name for a surgical technique which involves removing fat from one area of your body and replacing it somewhere else.

In our San Francisco area practice we have had good success with transferring this fat to enhance the shape of the buttocks (a traditional Brazilian Butt Lift), the hips or other areas where people wish to have additional volume.

In the hands of an experienced surgeon this can be a powerful tool. Implants will not work as well to improve the contour of your hip.

Steven H. Williams, MD

No hips, no glory?

+2

Your concerns seem to be more about your hips than your buttocks. The buttocks per say don't contribute to the hip measurement, so I don't know if buttock implants would even be an option to achieve your goal. Fat transfer, i.e. Brazilian butt lift, could be performed with better effect on the hips. Of course, a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would better identify your needs and goals.

Kenneth R. Francis, MD