Brazilian Butt Lift Vs Implants?

Hello, I am 5'2 , 23years, 48Kg. I have a butt augmentation scheduled for September 9th, though I would like to get a second opinion as to which option will be best for me. I do not have a preference as to which procedure it is, but would like to get as close as possible to the results I wish for. Also I am looking for something that is long term. Thank you so much for your time.

Brazilian Butt Lift vs Implants?

+1

Basically both Brazilian Butt lift and implants are methods of giving volume to the buttocks.

With the Brazilian Butt lift usually involves liposuction of the portion on top of the buttocks where it creates a nice concavity and nice thin waistline and the fat injected to the buttocks.  Maybe then the volume change in the buttocks is not that dramatic, but with the change in the upper portion of the buttocks and liposuction usually gives a nice change and there is no foreign body.                                                                             With the implant, we have to place a foreign body in the buttocks and usually in many cases increases the chance of developing complications.  For that reason, most plastic surgeons prefer not to perform the buttock implant procedure, but there are certain plastic surgeons, they have great deal of experience with this procedure, and they do perform this procedure safely.  It is important if one is considering implant, should find a surgeon who routinely does buttock implants.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Go for the implants

+1

Thank you for the photos. With the expectations about enlargement and stability that you are looking for, I'd say you'll do better with butt implants. But you should consult a board certified plastic surgeon for a through consultation, to better define the pros and cons of each procedure with you, to assist you in making the best decision.

Good luck!

Buttock augmentation

+1

In order for you to be a good candidate for a BBL, you need enough excess fat elsewhere for transfer.  Remember, he BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.   If you don't have enough excess fat in other areas, you may need to opt for gluteal augmentation with an implant. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Implants are your only option

+1

Thank you for your photos.  You have very little fat for transfer.  Your best option to get close to your results would be to have implants placed. Best wishes.

Dr. ES

Buttock augmentation

+1

Based on your current weight/height, you are likely a candidate only for a gluteal implant right now. Should you choose to gain some weight prior to your procedure, you may then become a candidate for a fat transfer buttock augmentation (Brazilian buttock lift). Gluteal implants are indicated in thin patients, however, can sometimes look unnatural. Please discuss your options in detail with your plastic surgeon prior to your September surgery date.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Brazilian Butt Lift Vs Implants?

+1

Dear Taya,

thank you for your photos and question.  With the photo you gave for the goal, you would need much more fat than you have to transfer.  Gaining fat, in my opinion is not a good option, because you will gain fat in areas that you do not want, and then when you drop weight to get, say your arms, leaner, you will lose the fat in the butt that was transferred as well.  In your case, an implant will be best.  You could do a little liposuction in the mid section as well if you like, but you will not harvest nearly enough fat for a meaningful augmentation.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Enhancement

+1

Buttock enhancement can be either by fat transfer, The Brazilian Buttock Lift, or by using implants. Both approaches are very successful. Based on the pictures posted there is not enough fat to transfer for a good buttock enhancement. Therefore the only viable option for you would be buttock implants. Choosing the right surgeon and the right size implant and proper placement of the implant is of paramount importance for the success of the surgery.

BBL versus Buttock Implants

+1

Well based on your photos, hopefully you are scheduled for buttock implants because you do not have near enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift technique.  

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help… 

Web reference: HTTP://WWW.DRRYANSTANTON.COM