Brazilian Butt Lift- When Do I Start to See the Results?

I had this done 4 weeks ago at present i think it was a waste of time and money. I read sumwhere that when the doctor closes the stitches it increases swelling and recovery time is this true? ive been wearing my compression garment 24/7. When will i notice a diffence in my stomach im very disappointed. Thank you.

Disappointing Brazilian Buttock Lift Results: Assessing the results

+1

You express concerns with your stomach and not your buttocks so I am confused. Any liposuction treated area is swollen immediately following the procedure. If you are dissatisfied with your belly, I would hold off your criticisms until you have given it adequate time for the edema to dissipate. If that is the reason you underwent the procedure, perhaps it means that you were a better candidate for a tummy tuck. If you underwent the procedure for a buttock enlargment, is your buttocks bigger?

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/brazilian-butt-lift/

You should see your final Brazilian Butt Lift and Liposuction size by about 3 months.

+1

Hi Steph

Unfortunately, this is a questions I read all too frequently from patients on the internet who have had this procedure done. The results from the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure vary widely depending on the surgeon who is performing it, the techniques used, the instructions given to patients post op as well as how much fat is placed. The results can be amazing and incomparable to any other body contouring procedure, or unfortunately there can be little change at all.
As far as "noticing any difference". There is no question that there will be some swelling, but your stomach should look at least a little smaller/flatter (fat was removed, but it is swollen). Your buttocks on the other hand should look a lot larger (it is made larger with fat plus it is swollen). Since both areas are swollen, both will shrink with time. How much, will depend on how much swelling there is as well as what percentage of fat will survive in your buttocks. I usually tell patients that they will see their final size at 3 months when the swelling is almost entirely gone. So, if you have a lot of swelling in your abdominal area, you can expect to see your stomach flatten over the next 2 months.

Web reference: http://www.danielmarkmannmd.com/category/buttocks-augmentation-fat-grafting/