Brazilian Butt Lift: Scared of Anesthesia and Recovery. What to Expect?

I am scheduled to do the Brazilian Butt Lift with a Board Certified Surgeon in Florida. My fear is, I have NEVER had any type of surgical procedure before and i am TERRIFIED of the Anesthesia. Scared on what it may feel like and the process of it! I am also scared of the recovery process and the time frame to be back to normal. Your input is VERY appreciated! xo

Is anesthesia safe?

+1

Anesthesia is much safer these days than it used to be.  If you are healthy, your anesthesia risks are very low.

Scared of anesthesia....

+1

ButtStarr:

Most people are nervous about "going under" ; It's normal to feel that way. It may be comforting to know that you are in greater danger driving on I-95 than for a young healthy person to undergo anesthesia. With that said, there will be some discomfort when you wake up...for most people the pain meds take care of that nicely. Some mauy have a brief period of nausea. Overall it feels like you did a major workout at the gym and everything is sore. Most people go back to work at 14 days and are 'back to normal' by one month.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Michael in Miami

Michael Salzhauer, MD

What to expect during anesthesia and buttock augmentation

+1

Congratulations!  You have already made a great decision by insisting on a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  My colleagues and I are highly trained in safe surgical procedures as well as recognizing and treating any potential complications (which are rare for healthy individuals).  It is perfectly normal to be nervous about anesthesia, but you won't feel or remember a thing!  Follow your surgeon's pre-operative instructions to a tee!  You will likely be given a sedative in the pre-operative area and the next thing you know, a member of your doctor's team will be telling you it's all over.  You will spend the next hours in the recovery area where a nurse will monitor your vital signs and teach you how to care for yourself at home!  Talk to your doctor about your recovery time.  I usually recommend my patients set aside 2 weeks to recover.

Andrew Jimerson, MD