Brazilian Butt Lift S/P Pilonidal Cyst?

I had a pilonidal cyst removed surgically, about 8 years ago and I am interested in getting a brazilian butt lift to round out my butt as well as fill in that area of excision, are there any contraindications to having this procedure? The area was packed over the curse of 6 weeks allowing for formation of granulated tissue, rather than sutured due to extent of sinus tract and inflammed tissue. From time to time the area is sensitive and a pulling sensation is felt often accompanied with pain

Brazilian Butt Lift after a Pilonidal Cyst Resection

+2

A pilonidal cyst is an ingrown hair tunnel / cyst along the lower portion of the tail bone near the anus which often needs to be removed and allowed to heal openly. However, in some cases, such as your history suggests, they may come back and need to be treated again.

Enhancing the buttocks, as in a Brazilian Butt Lift, should NEVER be done in the presence of an infectious process, especially one adjacent to the surgical area. In your case, I would suggest your GI doctor or better, your General Surgeon or Proctologist re-examine you and clear you before you seriously consider liposuction and placing fat in the area.  IF the area is soft and free of infection, areas of depression may be released and elevated with fat grafting.

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Prior Surgery OK for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

As your pilonidal cyst was removed 8 years ago and there has not been a recurrence or the cyst or evidence of an infection, I see no problem in undergoing a Brazilian Butt Lift. In fact I think it would improve the area.

I have used fat transfer procedures in areas of post surgery deformity in several cases. In most it improves the depression by filling it in and because fat contains stem cells, in many cases the scaring is much less and the area becomes softer and less scarred. Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon for the best advice and result.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS