Is a Brazilian butt lift right for me or should I just get lipo?

I am 125 5'3 but usually I'm around 118 this is just weight I put on from winter & not going to the gym. I have a "big butt" so everyone tells me, but I have love handles that I feel like just ruin my curves. When I lose weight my butt gets smaller & so do my love handles but they're still there & I don't like it. I wouldn't mind having a bigger butt but I don't want surgery to ruin the one I have...how long is the healing process for both on average? What are the risks in both procedures?

Brazilian butt lift

+2
I think that you answered you own question. You can remove fat from your flanks to accentuate your buttock and use the fat to inject into your buttocks. Good luck.

+1
From your description liposuction of your love handles may be enough. But you need to be examined to see whether or not it may be advisable to inject the fat into the buttocks instead of just discading it. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift versus Liposuction

+1
Hi there-

Without a lot more detail, it would be difficult to responsibly advise you, but I think the liposuction alone option may be a very good one for you- consider that with reduction of your love handles and waist through this liposuction procedure, your butt is going to look larger (as the shape around it is changed) even without having done anything directly to it.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

BBL

+1
BBL is a procedure that includes doing liposuction and fat grafting to your butt and hips.
If you have already a nice butt and you like how you look on your current weight, then you should keep it and have a liposuction done on that area you do not like which is the love handles.
If you want a bigger butt and also get rid of the love handles, then you will need the BBL.
Have a great journey.
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

Liposuction by itself seems reasonable in your case, but usually the buttock shape and dimpling can be improved with carefully placed fat.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Brazilian butt lift Vs just Lipo

+1
That is an interesting question. Sometimes the liposuction of the lower back alone enhances the the buttocks area, but if you want a larger buttocks then a BBL is probably the way to go. The decision ultimately depends on what you want to achieve with the surgery. 
A BBL shouldn't ruin your buttocks... the surgeon can go bigger or not depending on how much fat is available and on how much bigger you might want it.
The healing process doesn't take too long and there are risks like in any other surgery. These topics are best discussed during consultation with your plastic surgeon.
Hope this was helpful.

Miguel Mota, MD

Liposuction

+1
If you are happy with the size of the buttocks, then liposuction of the love handles may give you the curves you want. How ever by doing the liposuction to the love handles, one has the fat, and that fat can be transferred to the buttocks for more enhancement if you wish. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will give you the opportunity to discuss all the options and the final look you desire, along with the risks and benefits

Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

+1
Thank you for your question, this is a little difficult to determine without pictures, when our patients want to get Liposuction done and not the Brazilian butt lift specially sometimes we can recommend just to inject fat if they have dimples or dents in the buttocks or hips area, liposuction will help them shape their body better, and if they already have a well sized buttocks, filling out the dents will only give them a better projection and an even shape.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL Vs Lipo

+1
You seem to be a good candidate for either procedure. Based on your height and weight only a conservative buttock augmentation would be achieved, which seems to be what you are looking for.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced with this procedure.  Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting of buttocks

+1
Buttock augmentation fat grafting is an excellent procedure for shaping the buttock and torso.  In the procedure, unwanted fat is removed from the abdomen and back to shape the framework of the buttock and the fat is processed to purify it for reinjection to enhance the shape and volume of the buttocks.  Patients need to have enough fat to use from liposuctioning and approximately half the volume that is removed is available after processing for reinjection to the buttocks or breast.  Of the re-injected fat up to 80% of the volume is retained. The procedure is done under general anesthesia and takes 3-4 hours. Patients have to avoid sitting for up to 2 weeks and have to wear specialized compression garments for maximal results with activity restrictions up to 6 weeks.