Brazilian Butt Lift Results - Can't See Any Difference 10 Days Post-op

Hi i am 10 days post op, i had lipo of stomach/flanks and thighs and fat transfered to butt. At first until about 3 days post op i had great result and cud really see differnce in stomach it was tiny! Now a week later im bigger than i was b4 surgery and cant see any diffenece in my stomach im so disappointed, is it possible to swell up a few days after sugery im very confused!! Thanks :)

Swelling

+3

Liposuction will produce significant swelling.  Think of it this way: lipo produces a swiss cheese appearance in the fat that was removed. The trauma of the surgery causes fluid to fill those swiss cheese spaces and this usually takes 1-4 days to maximize. When it does you will be as large as you were prior to your surgery AND because water weighs more than fat, you will be heavier on the scale. This is normal. 

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

BBL 10days ago and no visual results

+2

You are very early and swelling has a way of hiding your new true understructure. Once the swelling resides you will likely feel differently. Relay your concerns to your PS.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Brazilian butt lift post op.

+1

I would recommend that you be patient. Swelling after surgery can last up to 6 weeks. Be sure to keep the area's conpressed with surgical garments for best results. If you are not happy after your 6th week, consult with your surgeon to see if further surgery is necessary in order to achieve your desired results. Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, MD

Significant Tummy Swelling after Brazilian Butt Lift (Fat Transfer to Buttocks)

+1

Regarding: "10 days post op, i had lipo of stomach/flanks and thighs and fat transfered to butt. At first until about 3 days post op i had great result and cud really see differnce in stomach it was tiny! Now a week later im bigger than i was b4 surgery and cant see any diffenece in my stomach im so disappointed, is it possible to swell up a few days after sugery" .

Liposuction is traumatic and causes significant inflammation and fluid production. The fact you SAW a "great result" after surgery tells me the surgeon removed a lot of fat and sculpted your tummy fat to obtain that result. The only logical way to explain the loss of your result is that the swelling fluid has not been drained and is accumulating under the skin giving you the " bigger than i was b4 surgery " look. Ask you Plastic surgeon what needs to be done. Opening the ports to allow drainage, compression garment, decrease salt intake, lymphatic massage etc.

You result is still there but hidden by inflammation and fluid.

How long before you see results after a brazilian butt lift

+1

Brazilian butt lift surgery is a large surgery.  You will get swollen in all of the areas of treatment.  It is normal to look amazing initially, then swell up, and then it will normalize in time.  Unfortunately, you do have to be patient.

Dennis Dass, MD

Brazilian Butt lift confusion: performed for stomach or buttock

+1

I am confused by your question. The BBL is performed to achieve buttock enlargement and not mstomach slimming. AT 10 days after surgery, the average patient is swollen in both the donor and recipient sites. IF you were immediately satisfied, it is likely you will see similar results once the edema has resolved. However, if you are not satisfied, and still desire a slimmer stomach, you may require a tummy tuck.