Fat Storage for Brazilian Butt Lift?

Right now I have a lot of fat on me but I want to lose about 50 lbs, but I also want a nice butt so is it possible to get liposucton now(when I have fat) and get the surgeon to keep the fat for me while I can lose weight, once I lost the weight I can come back to the surgeon and get the previous fat(from my liposuction) used for a butt lift? this way I can still use my own fat for the butt lift and I don't have to worry about losing weight, will this procedure work?

FAT STORAGE

+2

FAT CAN NOT BE STORED FOR LATER USE.............................................................................

Fat Storage is possible

+1

"Fat Storage" for later use is definitely possible.  But it has to be stored properly. It is not something that your surgeon can do on their own. If it is just put into the freezer, the water in the fat cells will crystallize and the cells will burst and die. It has to be stored by a tissue bank using special freezing techniques that will not kill the cells. There are tissue banks out there that will store your fat, but my understanding is that it is not available in all states yet.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Fat storage for Brazilian Butt lift is not possible.

+1

No, unfortunately it is not possible to have a surgeon store the fat while you lose weight, then come back and have the same fat from liposuction used for the butt lift.

The liposuction has to be done during the same surgery. You should be at your ideal weight for at least 6 months before sugery.  You should have a small amount of fat remaining to extract for the injections.

Brazillian butt lift

+1

Fat can be stored for later use; however, there is a time limit.  No more than 3 months (there may be an issue with unpredictable survival though).

Shahin Javaheri, MD