Can I Get Brazilian Butt Lift if I Have PMMA in my Buttocks?

I have pmma injections in my glute muscle below the fascia (I went to the inventor of pmma bioplasty in Brazil so I know it's the real stuff) which I love, but I want more volume. I'd like to get a fat graft to the buttox and hip area now. Is it okay to get fat grafting after pmma?

PMMA fat transfer to the buttock

+2

In the US there are not any surgeons that perform PMMA injections because it is not an FDA approved operation nor is it a technique that anybody has much experience to speak of.  It sounds like you got away with a good result.  I'd stop your search at that point because there is potential for disaster since you have encapsulated PMMA in your tissues and injecting fat into that could cause a problem.  Be cautious with your decision.

Web reference: http://www.doctormeade.com

Brazilian butt lift on top of existing PMMA buttock injections

+2

This is an interesting question and it brings up many issues such as will the fat effect the PMMA (biofilm or infection) or will the PMMA effect the fat (fibrosis, necrosis). I am not sure anyone has the answer to that question but I am sure you will find surgeons willing to try.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

+2

I have done a few. I recommend Stem cell activated with PRP fat grafts. Must have some experience. 

+2

Regarding: "Can I Get Brazilian Butt Lift if I Have PMMA in my Buttocks?
I have pmma injections in my glute muscle below the fascia (I went to the inventor of pmma bioplasty in Brazil so I know it's the real stuff) which I love, but I want more volume. I'd like to get a fat graft to the buttox and hip area now. Is it okay to get fat grafting after pmma
?"

PolyMethylmethacrylate (PMMA) is an epoxy glue commonly used to cement artificial joints inside the bone. It has also been used in the manufacture of custom bone replacements but has been used as a filler. The problem with PMMA is that is is permanent, cannot be modified and is associated with a significant scar reaction. Although fat grafts CAN be placed above the PMMA areas, it would be a real challenge to nearly impossible to place fat grafts through PMMA treated areas due to the gritty, sand like consistency of the compound and the severe scarring around it. There is also the potential consideration that if the fact graft is associated with an infection, it could involve the underlying PMMA and require multiple operation to remove the infected PMMA.

Dr. Peter Aldea

If you already have PMMA, The Brazilian Butt Lift may still be effective

+2

Yes, it can be done. The question is..... how much of the fat will survive. ??? When performing the Brazilian Butt Lift, we use a Microfat grafting technique. The goal is to place each of the new fat cells next to healthy vascularized (existing) fat cells. If we are placing the new fat "graft" cells next to PMMA (which is basically little glass beads) which is not alive and can not provide nutrients or blood supply to the new grafted cells, the new cells are not as likely to survive. If the PMMA was only placed deeper in your muscle, then there is probably still plenty of room to add more in your muscle as well as throughout the fat layer.

Web reference: http://DiscoverTheBeauty.com